A Closer Look at Disney World Travel Protection
As a Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels, I have clients ask me daily about adding Travel Protection to their vacation package.
My go-to response is, “That is a personal choice and I cannot tell you one way or the other. What I can do is give you all the facts and let you make a decision that is right for you.”
That being said, I’d like to share more information with my readers, as well. Let’s take a closer look at Disney World Travel Protection together.
Important Things You Should Know
Travel Protection can be added to any Disney World resort and ticket package. It is not available for Room Only resort stays.
Travel Protection must be paid for, in full, when added to a package. I advise my clients to add it when making their final payment.
Disney World offers Travel Protection by a third party, Aon Affinity, and is underwritten by Arch Insurance Company.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Once added, the Travel Protection is fully refundable for 14 days. After 14 days, no refund can be given.
Travelers have up to 30 days before arrival to change their travel dates and transfer their travel protection with their reservation. If dates are changed inside the 30-day window, the protection will not transfer and must be purchased again.
Cost of Travel Protection
Travel Protection costs $82.50 per adult and $6 per child. A child is considered anyone under 18 years of age.
Travel Protection Coverage
- Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption – Aon Affinity reimburses up to the total trip cost of the prepaid travel arrangements due to illness, injury, and non-medical reasons such as job loss, military service, and more
- Trip Delay – Aon Affinity reimburses related expenses, up to $600 ($200 per day)
- Baggage Loss – Aon Affinity reimburses up to $2,000 for lost, stolen, or damaged luggage and personal effects
- Bag Delay – Aon Affinity reimburses up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed 12+ hours
- Emergency Medical Expense – Aon Affinity provides up to $25,000 of coverage if you get ill or injured on your trip
- Emergency Evacuation – Aon Affinity arranges and prepays up to $100,000 for emergency medical transportation
- Travel Accident – Aon Affinity provides up to $25,000 in the event of accidental death or dismemberment
- Rental Car Damage – Aon Affinity reimburses repair costs up to $25,000 in the event of collision, theft, damage, or vandalism to rented vehicles