You Checklist for Getting Ready to Return to Disneyland
After just about 400 days, Disneyland has reopened! And, if you are getting ready to return to the magic, things might be a little different but will be just as magical as ever.
With all these changes, I have put together this checklist to make sure your return to Disneyland is just as magical as ever.
Before You Return to Disneyland
- Make sure you have your valid admission and theme park reservation confirmation: All Guests ages 3 and up will only be permitted to the Parks if they have a valid admission as well as a theme park reservation that was made in advance. Make sure to plan early as theme park reservations are filling up fast!
- You MUST be a resident of California: In addition to having a valid admission and theme park reservation, be prepared to have proof that you are a California Resident as you may be asked to show this proof.
- Have the latest version of the Disneyland App on your smart phone: The Disneyland App will be your key to success while in the parks as well as your command center. Make sure you have linked your tickets in advance and/or make any necessary dining reservation. You can also check hours of operations and plan your day by checking out park maps.
- Prepare to access the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance: If your plans have you starting your day at Disneyland Park, you will be eligible to access the virtual queue via the Disneyland App at 7 am in your home, hotel, car, or anywhere else you may be. If you don’t begin your day at Disneyland Park, or if you didn’t get in the first opening, a second queue will open at 12 pm. Fast fingers is the name of the game!
- Check in to your hotel with the new online check-in system: Guests can now check-in to the Grand Californian as early as five days in advance. Once you arrive at the hotel on the day of check-in, you will receive a text to let you now your room is ready.
Before Your Arrival
- Park at Mickey & Friends or Pixar Pier parking decks: Upon your return to Disney, Guests are asked not to arrive early during the week and will not be able to line up prior to 6 am on the weekend. Once you arrive at the toll plazas, you will be asked to show your tickets and theme park reservation. Trams will not be available for the reopening but you will be able to rent strollers, wheelchairs, and EVCs right in the parking decks. Also, for state COVID-19 guidelines, Guests are not permitted to eat or drink while waiting to go through the security screening.
- Going to the Downtown Disney District: With the Parks reopening, the shopping, dining, and entertainment complex will open at 9 am PST and remain open late after the Parks close. Paid parking is available at the Simba lot with and you check Disneyland.com for the daily hours of operation.
- Don’t forget your mask: Appropriate masks are required for all Guests 2 and older.
During Your Visit
- Park Hopping Starts at 1 pm PST: If you have the Park Hopper option on your ticket for your return to Disneyland, you can visit the second park on the same day beginning at 1 pm PST.
- Use the Disneyland App for Mobile Order and More: Once you return to Disneyland make sure to pull out your smartphone to access the Disneyland App. You can use the app for the super-convenient mobile order feature, check current wait times for attractions, as well as access park maps. Pro Tip: You can pre-select the time you wish to eat with the mobile order feature and ensure your food is hot and ready when you wish to dine.
- Utilize contactless payment options: Upon your return to Disneyland, you will notice even more to make contactless payments including Apple Pay and Disney Gift Cards.
Now, grab your Spirit Jerseys, Mickey Ears, and your smartphone along with this checklist and you are ready for your return to Disneyland!
Let’s start planning your visit to a Disneyland! Want to be the first to know when out-of-state residents can start booking their Disneyland reservations? Or, would you like a little more help when planning your Disney vacation? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked EXCLUSIVELY with me by May 15, 2021 will receive a Disney Gift Card as a thank you with your final travel documents. In addition, one lucky client will receive a FREE MemoryMaker ($169 value). As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney!. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets
Image/Source Credit: Disney