Bob Iger To Receive Honorary Clio Award
Iger continues the Ride of a Lifetime at Clio Awards: Creativity Unmasked…
On April 28, Bob Iger, The Walt Disney Company’s executive chairman, will be awarded an honorary award at the 2021 Clios.
Big News for Bob
The Hollywood Reporter reported the news yesterday:
— Clio Awards (@ClioAwards) April 9, 2021
Iger will accept his award during a fireside chat moderated by Asad Ayaz, president of marketing for Disney Studios Content and the recipient of the 2019 The Hollywood Reporter & Clio Entertainment Marketing Mastermind Award. During the conversation, Iger is expected to offer insights into his leadership and success at Disney.
The award presentation will be part of what’s being called Clio Awards: Creativity Unmasked, “a celebration of the creative community and the multitude of ways the industry has thrived over the last year…”
It’s no secret that the awards business was completely upended last year, but our team rose to the challenge and leaned into virtual events and new content offerings at Muse by Clio with great success,” said Nicole Purcell, CEO of the Clio Awards.
In a release, Clios.com posted:
During Mr. Iger’s tenure, The Walt Disney Company has been recognized as one of the “Most Reputable Companies” in both America and the world by Forbes magazine (2006-2019); one of the “Best Employers” in both America and the world by Forbes magazine (2019 and 2018, respectively); one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” by Fortune magazine (2009- 2021); and as one of the “World’s Most Respected Companies” by Barron’s (2009-2017).
Another For The Mantle
Of course, this is not the first accolade bestowed on Iger.
- TIME’s Businessperson of the Year (2019);
- one of the “World’s Most Powerful People” by Forbes magazine (2018);
- “Top Gun CEOs” by Forbes magazine (2009);
- one of Fortune magazine’s “25 Most Powerful People in Business” (2006, 2007);
- “Best CEOs” by Institutional Investor magazine (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011);
- MarketWatch CEO of the Year (2006);
- “CEO of the Year” by Chief Executive (2014);
- Inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame in January 2020;
- The Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame in 2015;
- In 2012, Mr. Iger became a member of the Academy of Arts & Sciences.
Recently, Iger published a memoir entitled, The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of The Walt Disney Company.
Feature Image: Getty Images