A St. Patrick’s Day Spin on This Popular Disney Parks Dish
If you are looking for the perfect dish to make tomorrow for St. Patrick’s Day with a Disney spin, I have just the thing for you: A recipe featuring the mouth-watering St. Patrick’s Day Totchos at that are currently available at Restaurantosaurus in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World.
The St. Patrick’s Day Reuben Totchos feature crispy potato barrels that are loaded with cheddar cheese sauce, sauteed corned beef, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, and crunchy rye croutons.
To make this St. Patrick’s Day recipe at home from one of my favorite Disney Parks, follows these instructions below:
- 2 slices marble rye bread
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen potato barrels
- 1 (15 ounce) jar cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cups canned or bagged sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 pound sliced top round corned beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
FOR REUBEN TOTCHOS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut marble rye bread into 1/4-inch cubes. Place on baking sheet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until toasted. Set aside.
- Combine Thousand Island dressing and whole grain mustard in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook frozen potato barrels according to package directions and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat cheddar cheese sauce in small saucepan over medium-low heat, until warm. Keep warm.
- Heat sauerkraut in medium saucepan over medium heat for 8 minutes, until warm. Remove from heat and cool for 3 minutes. If needed, drain any excess liquid. Stir in shredded green cabbage. Set aside.
- Slice corned beef into thin strips. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until hot. Add corned beef and sauté for 3 minutes, until corned beef is warm and edges begin to crisp.
- Place potato barrels on large serving dish and cover with warm cheddar cheese sauce. Top with warm corned beef and sauerkraut. Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing. Top with toasted rye bread and sliced green onions.
What do you think of this Disney Parks recipe with a St. Patrick’s Day twist? Will you be making it at your home? Let us know in the comments below!
Let’s start planning your visit to Walt Disney World! There are some spectacular discounts available at Walt Disney World through much of 2021 and reservations can be booked through the first half of 2022. Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked EXCLUSIVELY with me by March 15, 2021 will receive a Disney Gift Card as a thank you with your final travel documents. In addition, one lucky client will receive a FREE MemoryMaker ($169 value). As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney!. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets
Image/Source Credit: Disney