D23 and Imagineering Collaborating On Special Disney California Adventure 20th Anniversary Event
It’s time to celebrate a VERY important Disney milestone! D23: The Official Disney Fan Club and Walt Disney Imagineering are teaming up for a very special online event D23 x Walt Disney Imagineering Magical Milestones – Disney California Adventure Park 20th Anniversary.
This event will feature a grand gathering of Imagineers that will take guests on a journey that covers everything from park origins to milestones, to park artwork and beautiful storytelling. It’s also an incredible opportunity that introduces some of the incredible people that bring your favorite Disney destinations to life!
The event will be hosted by Leslie Iwerks who created The Imagineering Story for Disney+. The festivities will kick off with Walt Disney Imagineering president Bob Weis who will be revisiting the park’s origins as Disneyland’s “humble parking lot” through opening day right up to the present day and the park’s exciting upcoming additions.
During this 90-minute offering, guests will hear about two decades of growth and expansion including Cars Land, World of Color, and Buena Vista Street to Pixar Pier, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, and the upcoming Avengers Campus.
Best of all, we heard that the event even features a look behind the curtain at the upcoming attraction everyone is talking about – WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
Joining for this incredible anniversary event is a virtual Who’s Who from Walt Disney Imagineering including:
- Steven Davison, Executive Parades & Spectaculars
- Scot Drake, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Tom Fitzgerald, Portfolio Creative Executive
- Roger Gould, Creative Director of Franchise Management and Parks Integration for Pixar Animation Studios and Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Lynne Itamura, Executive Interior Design
- Jeanette Lomboy, Site Portfolio Executive for the Disneyland Resort
- Kathy Mangum, Retired Imagineering Executive
- John Mauro, Portfolio Producer
- Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Executive Producer
- Tracey Noce, Concept Design Director
- Kevin Rafferty, Executive Creative Director
- Brent Strong, Executive Creative Director
- Steve Spiegel, Executive Story Editor
- Susana Tubert, Creative Director of Live Entertainment at the Disneyland Resort
- Bob Weis, President of Walt Disney Imagineering
- Claire Weiss, Creative Director
So how can you get in on the fun? The even is complimentary to all D23 Gold Members or for a $10 fee for D23 General Members. It will be available for viewing from TODAY! March 10th beginning at 4pm PT through March 26, 2021. Check out all of the awesome details at D23.com.
Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Walt Disney World news and updates!
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook