Celebrate WandaVision With These Awesome Recipes From Marvel
If you’ve yet to see the incredible conclusion of Marvel’s WandaVision then there’s not time like the present and to celebrate we’ve rustled up some awesome Wanda-inspired recipes with a little help from our friends at Marvel. So queue up the season, whip up some goodies and let’s get watching!
Salem Honeycomb Frappe
Episode 8 opens with a flashback taking viewers to Salem, Massachusetts! Marvel used that for the inspiration for this awesome treat which conjures up the ingredients similar to those you might have found in the formulation of “The Hex.”
- 3 Tablespoons fresh honeycomb
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Honey, Honeycomb, whipped cream for garnish
- In a blender, add the honeycomb and milk and blend until smooth. Add the ice cream and nutmeg and blend until thick.
- 2. Serve in a cool glass, drizzled with honey, and top with whipped cream and more honeycomb.
This recipe make’s Darcy’s Hex happen by taking a delicious red velvet recipe, cutting it into hexagon shapes and filling the center with pink cream cheese frosting. Sugar crystals and fondant headdresses bring the chaos magic!
Makes 6 servings
● 1 ½ cups cake flour
● 3 tbsp cocoa powder
● ½ tsp baking powder
● ¼ tsp salt
● ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
● ¾ cup sugar
● 2 large eggs
● 1 tsp vanilla extract
● Red food gel dye
● ¾ cup buttermilk
● 1 tsp baking soda
● 1 tbsp white vinegar
● 8 oz cream cheese, softened
● 1 cup powdered sugar
● ½ tsp vanilla extract
● 2 tbsp whole milk
● Red food gel dye
● 3 ½ inch Hexagon cookie cutter
● Red and white sugar crystals
● Red fondant
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment greased with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs, vanilla, and red food gel dye.
- Alternate the buttermilk and dry ingredients, until just combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together baking soda and vinegar. Stir into the batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepped baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the milk and a very small amount of red food gel dye, just until tinted pink. Whip into a spreadable consistency. Set aside.
- Use the cutter to cut out 12 hexagon shaped cake pieces.
- Spread frosting onto one cake, then top with a second cake.
- Add sugar crystals to the top in half circle patterns.
- Roll out the fondant and cut out 3 in tall headdress shapes. Place on top of the cake. Continue the process, creating 6 cakes in total.
RECIPE BY JENN FUJIKAWA (@JUSTJENN)
Westview Finale Snack Mix
As things head up in WandaVision, you’ll want something to munch on. How abut this delectable treat. It’s named after a battle taking place in Westview, New Jersey involving Agatha, Wanda, Vision and another Vision!?
- 6 TB butter
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 packet of cheese powder from boxed mac and cheese
- handful or more of sour children candies (preferably purple, red, yellow, and white, to represent the Westview showdowns)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate covered pretzels, smashed
- 2 bags plain no butter microwave popcorn (or your fave stovetop version)
- In a saucepan, combine the butter and fish sauce and cook over low heat until melted and foamy. Once melted and foamy, set aside.
- Pop your popcorn and once cooked but while hot place the popcorn along with the cheese powder, sour children, and white chocolate pretzels into a bowl and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with the fish sauce butter and toss again.
Full-er Size Halloween Candy Bars
In Episode 6 of WandaVision Billy and Tommy head out for trick or treating. As you can naturally expect, some spooky mischief ensues and before you know it there are some giant candy bars!?
- 11.5 oz plus 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- cooking spray, parchment paper or plastic wrap
- 1 cup sugar
- 14 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup cream
- 6 ounces nuts of choice
- 1 cup store-bought caramel sauce (it’s in the ice cream section)
- Set up a double boiler over medium heat and add the 11.5 ounces chocolate chips… stir until melted and uniform being careful not to let any water in to the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting, spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper or plastic wrap. The cooking spray actually helps the parchment/plastic to stick uniformly to the walls of the loaf.
- Once the chocolate is melted, smear it all over the sides and bottom of the loaf pan and place in the freezer to harden. You can turn off the heat on your double boiler, but don’t clean it up, we’ve got more chocolate to melt.
- In a large skillet outfitted with a candy thermometer, combine the sugar, fluff, peanut butter, and cream, and stir continuously over medium heat until it reaches 238 degrees. It takes a while, is prone to burning at high heat, and will burn you, so be patient and careful.
Here’s a savory treat inspired by the one and only Darcy Lewis. When the Doc turns up at S.W.O.R.D it isn’t long before she starts snacking on everything the HQ has to offer. Here’s a very Darcy-esque variation of noodles in a cup!
- 1 package cupped instant noodles
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- In a skillet set over medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, open up the cupped noodles and shake all the bits on to a plate and set aside. Gently pry the noodles out of the cup.
- Whisk together the egg and parmesan.
- Place the noodles in a pot and eyeball where they fit. We want just enough water to cover them. Remove the noodles and fill with water to this point. Over medium high heat, bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook until your desired firmness, for me, that’s about three minutes.
- Strain the noodles and reserve 2 ounces of the cooking liquid.
- Once the bacon is crisped to your liking, transfer the strips to a paper towel to drain. Add the noodles to the pan the bacon was cooking in, then add the 2oz of reserved noodle liquid. Stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in, bit by bit, the egg and parmesan mixture. The heat still in the noodles will cook the egg mixture making for a creamy and luxurious sauce. Transfer the noodles back in to the cup and garnish with the bacon, or chop it up and integrate.
- Drop dramatically.
You’ll find many more awesome WandaVision recipes over at Marvel.com so be sure to pop over and check them out!
For those unfamiliar, WandaVision stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany and marks the first series from Marvel Studios. It is streaming exclusively on Disney+. The series is a spectacular blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The show also stars Kat Dennings, Randall Park, Kathryn Hahn and Teyonah Parrris.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Marvel-related news and updates!
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook