Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Is Looking For a Hotel Services Director
Have you ever dreamed of working in a galaxy far, far away? Perhaps on a spaceship somewhere in the vast Universe? We’ll now just might be your chance!
Before the Star Wars hotel – AKA The Galactic Starcruiser takes tourists on their own personal Star Wars-inspired adventure, they must find some willing crew members! With that in mind, Disney is currently looking to fill the role of Hotel Services Director!
But this is not just ANY hotel, rather this is a Disney resort like no other and is being kitted out to look like one of the starships you’d find from the Star Wars films. Even the guests rooms are filled with space-aged features and boast views with panel windows that look out into space! Best of all, the whole experience is being created as a Choose Your Own Adventure come to life where decisions you make while on board will impact the way that characters interact with you both at the hotel and while out exploring Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
So what is Disney looking for in potential crew members? Here’s the official job description:
- Provide operational leadership for the end to end Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser experience
- Lead a unique immersive experience by using strategic support partnerships and integration to provide an exceptional level of service to our Guests
- Develop high performance teams focused on achieving operational, financial, creative, and performance metrics
- Communicate with Entertainment and Cast Members to keep the experience on schedule while directing social and technical aspects of the operation
- Promote Guest and Cast satisfaction to include show quality, safety, efficiency and productivity
- Focus on anticipating diverse needs of our global consumers and ability to translate these needs into highly relevant and meaningful Guest experiences
- Provide inspiring leadership and direction for environment, conservation, safety and social responsibility programs
- Improve customer service by performing metric validations, reviewing training program effectiveness and adjusting for operational nuance
- Inspire our Cast to exceed Guest expectations every day
- Focus and further develop overall Entertainment show quality standards with the operational areas to ensure ongoing show quality is maintained
- Manage financial planning and budget tracking for areas of responsibility, working with Producers and Production Managers on assigned projects
- Be the central filtering point for all creative input from project team members and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders on creative issues by providing detailed information related to the operational impact of creative directives
- Oversee the quality of all offerings and ensure consistency of delivery regarding entertainment elements
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Sadly all us hospitality novices need not apply, Disney is looking for a seasoned hotelier with over 10 years of experience. Here’s a closer look at the basic qualifications.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in entertainment and hospitality in a resort or cruise environment
- Business and strategic focus needed to achieve targeted results
- Experience delivering operational excellence and leading businesses to high financial performance
- Capability to recognize, retain and invest in the development of talent and satisfaction of the teams by inspiring, increasing engagement and promoting collaboration
- Advanced skills using operational and logistics data to influence business decisions
- Holistic perspective to understand client needs and develop creative ideas to meet business objectives
- Capability to share communication across teams to ensure everyone understands updates, priorities and appropriate course of escalation
- Commitment to diversity and building an inclusive work environment that supports workforce diversity and diverse perspectives
- Creativity to find solutions in new ways and anticipate opportunities
- Advance skills prioritizing and managing projects and deadlines amidst constant change
- Availability to work any schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Entertainment or equivalent experience
So do you have what it takes to be the next Starcruiser Guest Services Director? If you do, you can apply for the position here at Disney Careers. Good Luck! and may THE FORCE be with you!
For those interested in staying aboard the Starcruiser, reservations have not opened up as of yet. However we do know that the hotel, which will connect directly to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be set up almost like a cruise shi0p experience where you pay for a 2-night fully immersive Star Wars experience designed to give guests the feeling that they are spending the night in outer space. During your stay unique storylines will be woven through you visit making you feel as if you are living out your own adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
Those looking for more Galactic Starcruiser information are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll keep you posted as and when we know more.
Get a Jumpstart On Your Travel Plans And Get A FREE Disney Gift Card!
Have you heard the news!? Walt Disney World vacation packages are currently available through June 2022! Book your 2022 stay with ME through May of 2021 and I’ll throw in a Disney Gift Card!* Plus 1 lucky family will be picked each month to receive a special in-room delivery from Disney Floral & Gifts! Simply fill out my form below to get your FREE, no obligation quote!
With new policies and procedures in place for next year, there’s never been a better time to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner who can help you navigate through Disney World’s new way of doing things! Just fill out my form HERE to get your FREE, no-obligation quote. Alternatively, feel free to reach out at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook