A Look At Disneyland’s Donations During The Pandemic
The Orange County Register ran a piece this evening that examines the role that Disneyland has played in the local community when it comes to charitable work in the face of COVID-19.
As the article tells us, donations from Disneyland have included everything from Mickey Mouse Dolls to Galaxy’s Edge popcorn buckets.
Disneyland, Disney California Adventure and other theme parks were forced to close in March of 2020 due to the pandemic and there is still no reopening date in sight. Since the closure of the the theme parks, Disney’s contribution to the community has included:
- 500,000 pounds of food shipped to local food banks
- 258 shipping pallets of Mickey Mouse and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge popcorn buckets and novelty sipper cups
- 265 shipping pallets of Disney plush toys and reusable bags
- 21 shipping pallets of Disneyland clothing and apparel
The food donations outlined above have included everything from fresh vegetables to frozen meat and even pantry items. In some instances, the food donations even included dishes carefully prepared by Disney chefs!
As we reported last week here at MickeyBlog, to-date, nearly 5 million diapers have been distributed to families through Disneyland drive-thru event. Early on in the pandemic, Disneyland also contributed packaged snacks from the theme parks to support local school districts.
Nonprofits and community organizations that have benefited from Disney denotations include:
- Orange County Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
- Community Action Partnership of Orange County
- MOMS Orange County, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Anaheim
- Cypress, Anaheim Community Foundation
- Anaheim Public Library Foundation
- CHOC Children’s Hospital
- Salvation Army
- American Cancer Society
- Caterina’s Club
- Islamic Circle of North America Relief
- Illumination Foundation
- Higher Ground
- Latino Health Access
- Goodwill of OC
- Child Creativity Lab
- Abilities OC
- Anaheim Family YMCA
- Inside the Outdoors
- Grandma’s House of Hope
- Giving Children Hope
- Pure Game
- Friends of the Santa Ana Zoo.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more examples of how Disney is giving back to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond!
Source: OC Register