Disney Springs: Thinking About The Amphicars
Everything here in the Northeast is frozen. So, forgive me if I am thinking over my Walt Disney World bucket list.
And while many might have much more thrilling or high falutin’ experiences in mind, I have one simple signature attraction in mind: the Amphicars.
That was especially so after I noticed an article on TheDrive.com.
But before we take a quick look at that, here are the full details on Disney Springs’ Amphicars:
Looking for a post-meal adventure? Take a 20-minute guided tour on the waters of Lake Buena Vista while riding in a vintage Amphicar—a rare amphibious vehicle that can drive on land and float on water.
- Schedule – Book tours from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily (weather permitting).
- Price – $125 per car (accommodates 3-4 people).
- Tickets – Walk-up reservations accepted at The BOATHOUSE BOATIQUE. For a limited time, receive a $25 reward toward an Amphicar Tour with a purchase of $50 or more at The BOATHOUSE or the BOATIQUE (valid receipt required).
The BOATHOUSE® is the only place in the world that offers the unforgettable & thrilling experience of a Captain’s Guided Tour in a vintage Amphicar. These rare cars drive on land and enter the water with a splash, taking you on a Captain Guided, 25-minute tour of the landmarks of Disney SpringsTM. Our fleet of Amphicars were purchased from private collections worldwide – there were less than 4,000 of these unique amphibious vehicles produced during the 1960s. Less than 400 exist worldwide today.
More on the Amphicars
Did You Know?
- This quirky little German-built amphibious automobile was launched at the New York Auto Show in 1961 and later advertised rides around Meadow Lake at the World’s Fair in Queens.
- Part boat, part car, the Amphicar 770 was named for its speed: 7 knots on the water and 70 mph on land.