2021 Brings Changes to Walt Disney World
As we are one month and some change into 2021, let’s take a look at the changes Walt Disney World has made or will be making in the near future.
While some of the changes might be viewed as negative, I promise you that they are mostly for the better!
The Return of Park Hopping
When Walt Disney World reopened after the extended closure due to the pandemic, one of the popular ticket features that many Guests enjoyed, Park Hopping was suspended. However on January 1, 2021, that option became available again.
While it is a bit different than what it was before, Guests can still have breakfast at the Magic Kingdom followed by riding Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and other attractions. Then, Guests can head over to EPCOT and enjoy eating and drinking their way around the World Showcase for dinner.
Increased Ride Capacity
As Disney’s top priority is to keep all Guests and Cast Members safe and healthy during their visit to Walt Disney World, they have found new ways to increase ride capacity while offering a socially distanced barrier between other parties by adding plexiglass to many attractions.
Increased ride capacity is a huge benefit if you are visiting Walt Disney World in 2021. With FastPasses still not available, having increased ride capacity with social distancing measures in place ensures lower wait times while still being safe.
MagicBands No Longer Complimentary
The one and only downside of visiting Walt Disney World in 2021 is that MagicBands are no longer complimentary for Guests staying at an official Walt Disney World Resort Hotel.
Even though MagicBands are no longer complimentary in 2021, Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Hotel can be purchased at a discount. Some of them are as low as $5.00.
Reopening of Resorts
When Walt Disney World began welcoming Guests once again last year, only a handful of Resort Hotels were open. But, as we moved through the rest of 2020 and into 2021, most have reopened or are scheduled to reopen in the near future.
Here are the Resort Hotels that are open and welcoming Guests:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
While not quite reopened yet, these Resort Hotels are scheduled to open within the next few months and are currently accepting new reservations:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – Scheduled to reopen on March 22, 2021
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Scheduled to reopen on May 30, 2021
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Scheduled to reopen on June 6, 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Scheduled to reopen this Summer with Moana-themed rooms!
The Return of Water Parks
I don’t know about you, but I am so excited for the return of Walt Disney World Water Parks in 2021! Neither of the Water Parks have been open since everything closed in March of last year, so this is even extra exciting!
While there is no scheduled reopening date for Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach has a confirmed reopening date for March 7, 2021!
So, while it’s a bit different at Walt Disney World in 2021, the magic is definitely still there!
Let’s start planning your Walt Disney World vacation! There are some great deals available for much of 2021! Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. EVERY vacation package* booked exclusively with me by a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus, will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with 3-day tickets
Image Credit: Disney