RECIPE: Spinach Artichoke Dip From ESPN Zone
Are you ready for some football? We sure are and as the Super Bowl approaches chances are your are adding the finishing touches to your stay-at-home snacks menu! That’s where we come in with a little help from our friends at ESPN Zone!
Get out those shopping lists and be sure to pick up all of the awesome ingredients so that you can try out ESPN’s take on the game day classic- Spinach and Artichoke Dip! Here’s everything you’ll need to get snacking:
ESPN Zone’s Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 1/2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, garlic bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add flour; cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in cream and milk, then bring to simmer, whisking often until sauce is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Add white pepper and Parmesan, stirring until well incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Mix well. Fold in cream cheese, stirring well until cream cheese is completely incorporated.
- Add spinach, stirring to combine.
- Add artichoke hearts, stirring gently so as not to break up the artichokes.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9-inch baking dish and sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is completely melted and bubbling.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, carrot and celery sticks, and/or garlic bread.
Have an awesome and safe Super Bowl and keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll be coming to you LIVE! From the theme parks throughout the weekend ahead!
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook