Disney Chanel Announces Black History Month Interstitials
This month Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD kick off a variety of interstitials for kids and families, celebrating distinguished men and women who are rewriting history and influencing change around the world. The Disney Black History Month Interstitials begin this month and continue throughout the year.
The short-form videos will showcase the empowering stories of:
- Vice President Kamala Harris
- Three-time NBA champion and social activist LeBron James
- Trailblazing ballerina Misty Copeland
- Teen chess champion Jessica Hyatt
- 14-year-old painting prodigy Tyler Gordon.
This new series of shorts, geared for kids age 2-7, will launch with the story of Vice President Kamala Harris. Through the art of motion graphics and featured paintings by teen prodigy Tyler Gordon, young viewers will see Harris’ journey highlighted by key milestones, including a protest she organized as a child, her college days joining the Divine Nine, and becoming the first woman, the first Black American and the first person of South Asian descent to serve as vice president of the United States. The interstitial will premiere MONDAY, FEB. 1, on Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD.
Young artist @tygordonsworld painted this awesome piece celebrating our groundbreaking Vice President Kamala Harris’ journey to the White House. #BlackExcellence #BlackHistoryMonth #BlackHistoryAlways pic.twitter.com/mEZlxVGn8J
— Disney XD (@DisneyXD) February 1, 2021
Created for kids age 6-14, the hosted short-form series “In The Nook” enlists Disney Channel stars to help deliver inclusive stories throughout the year with relaxed and relevant conversations. In addition to its regular programming, the series will present new segments that will introduce viewers to notable Black men and women making history, beginning MONDAY, FEB. 8, on Disney Channel and Disney XD. The segments include the following:
- Chandler Kinney and Ariel Martin (“ZOMBIES 2”) interview 14-year-old painting prodigy Tyler Gordon, from San Jose, California, who overcame early health challenges as well as being bullied because of his stutter and now uses his art to help other kids fight against bullying.
- Ramon Reed (“Just Roll With It”) and Christian J. Simon (“Sydney to the Max”) interview 15-year-old Brooklyn chess champion Jessica Hyatt, who is a few ranks away from making history as the first Black woman chess master in the world!
Disney Channel will continue to celebrate Black excellence beyond Black History Month and present vignettes featuring the stories of LeBron James and Misty Copeland at later dates throughout the year.
Disney Chanel Announces Black History Month Interstitials Credit: Disney
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!