New Details Emerge For This Year’s Flower & Garden Festival
We only have six weeks to go before the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival begins dazzling Walt Disney World guests. The Fest will officially kick off on March 3rd with beautiful blooms and topiaries on display and delicious eats on offer through July 5th. To get us excited for this much-loved springtime event Disney is revealing some of the delightful details of this year’s fest and we’re excited to pass them on to you!
Topiaries Full of Disney Character:
A highlight of the festivals each year are the incredible topiaries you’ll find around every turn! Highlights this year will include Remy in the France pavilion, Tinker Bell and the Fairy Houses in the United Kingdom, Lady and the Tramp in Italy and more. Here’s a list of topiaries to be on the lookout for!
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse, Broom, Ostriches, Hippo and Mushroom – Main Entrance
- Woody, Bo Peep and her sheep – Future World West
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – Between Future World & World Showcase
- Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale – Between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie – Showcase Plaza
- Buzz Lightyear – Future World East near Mission: SPACE®
- Figment – Future World West near Imagination!
- Topiary Butterflies – Future World West
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon Topiary – Japan Pavilion near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- China Zodiac Topiary Garden – China Pavilion in front of Nine Dragons
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Future World West
- Snow White and Dopey – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Remy – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends (Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet and Tigger) – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Future World East near Mouse Gear
One of my favorite things about the Flower & Garden Festival each year are the incredible gardens you’ll find across EPCOT including the floating gardens bringing beautiful blooms to the waterways near Future World. There’s also a bamboo Garden in China, a tropical rainforest garden in Mexico and an English Tea Garden in the UK Pavilion.
Check out our list of all of the incredible gardens coming to this year’s Fest:
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents at Future World East – Unwind in refreshing spaces that show just how easy it is to create an outdoor escape that brings family and friends together—no design expertise, huge budget or green thumb required! Note: closes at dusk.
- Floating Gardens – Peer upon more than 100 petite plots drifting on the ponds that border the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Festival Blooms – Admire thousands of flowers that form colorful, living panoramas overlooking Future World’s East and West lakes.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ® at Future World West – View a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, in all their extraordinary color. Learn about butterflies’ lifecycles and maybe even see one emerge from its chrysalis. Note: closes at dusk.
- (NEW!) Prehistoric Garden at Future World West – Imagine life on Earth 65 million years ago with astounding plant life that’s thrived since the age of the dinosaurs.
- Bold Bromeliads at Future World West by the Land
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth – Delight in a whimsical area made to inspire youthful energy and creativity! The whole family can learn ways to stay healthy at this Outdoor Kitchen and garden along the Imagination Walkway. Note: closes at dusk.
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board™ at Future World – Learn about honey bees’ critical role in the environment, and enjoy sweet and savory treats made possible by their hard work. Located near Imagination! Pavilion.
- Tropical Rainforest Garden at Mexico Pavilion – Discover the rich biodiversity of the Mexican rainforest and learn about its highly adaptive species.
- Extraordinary Orchids at Mexico Pavilion – Set eyes on these spectacular plants blooming in radiant color.
- Bamboo Garden at China Pavilion – Visit this garden to see bamboo in a variety of colors, patterns and sizes.
- Chinese Zodiac Topiary Garden at China Pavilion – Celebrate the year of the Ox in this inspired display of Zodiac animals, made entirely from dried plant material.
- Alpine Miniature Garden at Germany Pavilion – Appreciate the little things in this showcase of diminutive dwellings nestled in a forest of fine shrubs.
- Growing the Future presented by Murata Electronics at Germany Pavilion – Beginning in April, join our friends from Science from Scientists® in a fun and fascinating experience that explores how cutting-edge technology from Murata, paired with agricultural science, can transform the way we seed the future.
- Garden Italiano at Italy Pavilion – From fresh spaghetti sauce to pizza toppings, this Tuscan kitchen garden features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- Kokedama Garden at Japan Pavilion – Admire fresh expressions of an ancient Japanese art at this tranquil garden.
- Bonsai Collection at Japan Pavilion – Learn about the ancient art of bonsai, some of the finest living sculptures. Bonsai masters carefully shape and tend to these miniature works of art, creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Urban Spice Garden at Morocco Pavilion – Discover how Eastern cultures flourished, trading signature spices and herb blends, once considered more valuable than gold.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London® – Unearth the history and art of tea blending at this elegant English Tea Garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion, featuring plants used in some of Twinings’ finest tea blends.
- Shakespeare Garden at United Kingdom Pavilion – Rediscover Shakespeare in this idyllic garden, featuring excerpts from some of the Bard’s most famous sonnets and the dazzling flowers that influenced them.
Outdoor Kitchens Galore
Earlier today, we here at MickeyBlog shared a preview of some of the incredible outdoor kitchens you’ll find at this year’s EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival. You’ll find 20 delectable spots to choose from. Each outdoor kitchen offers a menu of creative cuisine and libations to savor and sip!
Check out the awesome menu items here
Entertainment All Around
Each day during the fest visitors can enjoy live music every day. Among the acts are Voices of Liberty which perform an all-American a cappella showcase. Favorites Mariachi Cobre are back with Mexican folk music an more!
Here’s a list of the acts taking part in this year’s fest:
- Jammin’ Gardeners (Canada Mill Stage)- Tap your feet to the syncopated sounds of the funkiest gardeners around.
- Voices of Liberty (America Gardens Theatre) – Get swept away by inspiring vocal performances celebrating America’s spirit and beauty.
- Mariachi Cobre (America Gardens Theatre) – Enjoy an exuberant performance of world-famous, traditional folk music.
- Pianist (World Showplace)- Relax and enjoy a selection of songs of the season.
Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth
Families are sure to enjoy the whimsical area along the Imagination Walkway designed to inspire youthful energy and creativity.
The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ®
This family favorite returns featuring a kaleidoscope of butterflies. Guests have a unique opportunity to get up close with this fluttery friends while learning about the butterflies’ lifecycles. If you’re lucky you may even see a beautiful butterfly emerge from its chrysalis!
Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration
Embark on a springtime scavenger hunt for gardeners of all ages. Your family can follow Spike the Bee on his pollination trail where he’s busy collecting nectar and pollinating gardens. Start by picking up your map and stickers (you can purchase them at select merchandise locations while supplies last.) Once you’ve completed your scavenger hunt return your completed map to Disney Traders or World Traveler be rewarded with a special surprise!
Cost: $7.99 + tax, while supplies last.
Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt
An Easter Egg Hunt Disney-Style, guests can set out on a delightful quest across Epcot for decorative eggs inspired by Disney characters. Simply purchase a map at select merchandise locations (beginning March 19th). Then head off in search of the eggs. Once you’re done you can return the completed map for very special surprise.
Cost: $7.99 + tax, while supplies last
EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival can be enjoyed by anyone with a valid EPCOT admission ticket and Park Pass Reservation! We expect more delightful details to bloom up soon so keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!