Ring In The New Year With This Mickey Hat
We’re inching ever closer to 2021 Disney friends! If you’ll be at home with this kids this coming week then we the perfect Disney arts and crafts project that they’re sure to love! They’ll be able to bring the holiday style with this adorable Mickey-inspired New Year’s top hat!
Mickey’s New Year Celebration Top Hat
What You’ll Need
- String or elastic cord
- Decorative feathers
- Cupcake liners, any color
- Double-sided tape or glue
How To Make It
- Print the hat template on regular paper or cardstock and cut out the pieces.
- Start by gluing the A tab on the Hat Front piece to the left side of the Hat Back piece. Close the shape by gluing the B tab to the left side of the Hat Front piece.
- Tuck the C tabs into the opening at the top of the hat, and secure them with glue or double-sided tape.
- For the Brim of the hat, cut the lines between each D tab to separate the tabs. Tuck the D tabs into the opening at the bottom of hat, and secure them with glue or double-sided tape.
- To decorate the front of your hat, flatten out three cupcake liners. Stack the liners on top of each other and glue them together at their centers only. Glue the Mickey decoration to the center of the top liner. Trim around the liners so a ½” to 1” border peeps out from behind the Mickey decoration. Attach feathers behind the cupcake liners. Glue or tape the whole piece to the front of the hat above the “Happy New Year!” text.
- Tape string or elastic cord to the inside of the hat on each side. This will help hold the hat in place.
Download PDF Here:
You’ll find the PDF featuring templates for this awesome project here – New Year Hat Template
This is just one of many at-home projects we here at MickeyBlog will be sharing with you in the week ahead. Keep following along with us for further news and updates!
Thinking about an end of Summer Disney World getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook