Have a Homebound Disney Day This Holiday Season
This Holiday Season most of us are cooped up at home. But that doesn’t mean you still can’t feel like you’re walking right down the middle of Main Street. We’re here (with a bit of help from our friends at Disney Parks Blog) to share a bit of Disney holiday inspiration.
Here are some awesome ways that you can add a bit of Disney magic to your days!
Get out those mouse ears, find those theme park t-shirts and let’s have a Disney celebration. Need to stock up? Though you won’t get it in time for Christmas, shopDisney is absolutely brimming with cozy sweaters, adorable tees and even some pretty rocking jammies! With current sales there’s some great discounts on items for next year so get a jumpstart!
For those of us that can’t have our destination Christmas this year its all about the Disney Tree! Disney shared this version of a white tree with an adorable Mickey and Minnie Tree topper. As we previously reported here at MickeyBlog, many are also opting to top their tree this year with Baby Yoda! In case you missed that article you’ll find it here.
Elsa Snow Globes!
- Glass jars
- Hot glue gun
- “Frozen” figurines
- Fake snow
- (optional) Miniature fake trees or foliage
- First, make sure an adult is around to help.
- Second, hot glue the character figure to the underside of the jar lid. (Add miniature trees or foliage if desired.)
- Third, sprinkle half a handful of snow into the jar.
- Finally, screw on the lid and flip over.
Werther’s Holt Salted Caramel Drink
Nothing beats a sweet soothing hot drink on a cold winter’s night! This awesome recipe comes to you directly from Karamell-Küche at the Germany Pavillion in EPCOT and it will sure make you merry and bright.
- ¾ cup milk
- 5 pieces Werther’s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream for garnish
- 1. Heat the milk and the caramels in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, or until the caramels are melted. Make sure to keep stirring to prevent any of the sugars from burning. Ain’t no one got time for burnt caramel.
- 2. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- 3. Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream
- 4. Serve immediately!
Disney+ Must-Watch Movie List
Finally, it is time to cozy up and enjoy what will feel like 12 days of Christmas movies. Check-off the films you’ve seen and turn on Disney+ to catch the flicks you haven’t. My favorite on this list!? – NOELLE!
We hope all this fun has put you into a festive mood! Keep following along with MickeyBlog throughout the holiday season for more festive Disney news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!