The Walt Disney Company Announces 2030 Environmental Goals
The end of December has many of us reflecting on the upcoming years and what we want to accomplish. This is no different for The Walt Disney Company who has just announced a new set of environmental goals for 2030. These goals focus on five main areas: Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Water, Waste, Materials and Sustainable Design.
“Disney has shown a strong commitment to the environment throughout its history and we’re excited to continue building on that legacy with new, ambitious environmental goals for 2030,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “These goals focus on key areas of our business where we believe we can have a significant, lasting impact and make a positive difference in protecting our planet.”
Disney’s environmental policies are based on a set of guiding principles intended to drive the Company’s long-term environmental strategy and the everyday decision-making of its leadership, cast members and employees around the world. The approach to environmental sustainability is grounded in science and an assessment of where the Company’s operations have the most significant impact on the environment, as well as the areas where it can most effectively mitigate that impact.
The 2030 environmental goals outlined in the report include:
- achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions for direct operations;
- purchasing or producing 100% zero carbon electricity for all direct operations;
- collaborating with industry groups and investing in low carbon fuel innovation;
- investing in natural climate solutions;
- implementing site-specific watershed stewardship strategies at high-impact sites;
- serving 100% environmentally responsible seafood at U.S. parks and resorts;
- working to achieve zero waste to landfill for Disney’s wholly owned and operated parks and resorts;
- new construction projects to be designed to near net zero, minimize water consumption and support zero waste operations;
- ensure all paper, wood and palm oil used in Disney-branded packaging and products is from certified sustainable sources;
- ensure all branded product textiles contain recycled or certified sustainably sourced content, or are made from lower impact alternatives; and
- reduce the Company’s plastics footprint across all businesses.
For additional details, please visit: www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/environment
Disney 2030 Environmental Goals Credit: The Walt Disney Company
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020 AND 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!