RECIPE: Learn How To Make Peppermint Marshmallow Wands From Marceline’s Confectionary
I’m really missing Disneyland. Not being able to visit the West Coast Mouse this year I find myself incredibly nostalgic for hand-pulled candy canes and a stroll down Main Street. Thankfully, Disney feels our pain and has recently shared a recipe directly from Marceline’s Confectionary at Downtown Disney!
If you’ve never been to Marceline’s than you don’t know what you’re missing. Named after the Missouri town where Walt lived as a boy this traditional sweet shop is positively brimming this time of year with a whole host of awesome goodies!
All season the expert candy makers are hard at work dipping apples, making rice cereal treats and coating everything in a lovely layer of warm chocolate! Each holiday season, the majority of the clever treats at Marceline’s are also embellished with delightful (and delicious) holiday details result in treats almost too good to eat.
We’ve got a few recommendations on signature Marceline treats to order if you’re lucky enough to be visiting Marceline’s Confectionary this month:
Minnie Holiday Crispy: Crisped rice cereal treat dipped in milk chocolate decorated with red sanding sugar, green candy-coated chocolate candies, and a red chocolate bow with green polka dots.
Mickey Snowman Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and vanilla white chocolate decorated with dark chocolate, sour belt scarf, and chocolate top hat.
Minnie Holiday Apple: Granny Smith apple dipped in caramel and milk chocolate decorated with red sanding sugar, green candy-coated chocolate candies, and a red chocolate bow with green polka dots.
And for those, like me who won’t be making it to Disneyland this Christmas, Disney has a Peppermint Marshmallow Wand recipe that you can make at home.
Peppermint Marshmallow Wands
Downtown Disney District
- 2 (12 ounce) jars hot caramel topping
- 8 large lollipop sticks
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (10-ounce bag) dark melting chocolate
- 1 cup crushed peppermints (15 candy canes, crushed)
- Melt caramel in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep warm.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick in 1 inch of water. Skewer 3 marshmallows onto each stick, starting at the wet end.
- Dip marshmallows into caramel, gently tapping to remove excess caramel and place on parchment paper. Cool caramel at room temperature for 30 minutes, until caramel is set.
- Melt dark chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat. Keep warm.
- Place crushed peppermint in shallow bowl.
- Dip caramel-coated marshmallows into melted dark chocolate, gently tapping to remove excess chocolate. Gently roll wand in crushed peppermint; place on clean parchment paper. Repeat for all wands.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, until chocolate is set.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
You can find a handy print out of the marshmallow wand recipe here – Peppermint_Marshmallow_Wands_Recipe
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Walt Disney World news and updates!
Thinking about a Disney getaway? Getting started is easy. Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, and Fastpass reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning