Its National Cocoa Day Celebrate With These Awesome Disney World Treats
Today is National Cocoa Day Disney friends and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate then by sharing with you some of our favorite Hot Cocoa treats currently available at Walt Disney World including one that you can make at home. So let’s get started!
Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop – Disney Springs
- Ghirardelli Peppermint Hot Cocoa – Peppermint with the decadence of Ghirardelli chocolate
The Ganachery – Disney Springs
- Olaf Hot Cocoa Surprise Kit – The perfect holiday treat for hot coco lovers, this kit is made for two and comes with a delicious chocolate Olaf made from The Ganachery’s custom blend of 5 vanilla marshmallows- perfect for snuggling up and watching a favorite holiday movie.
Isle of Java – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa. $3.99
- Sea Salt Caramel Hot Cocoa $3.99
- Smore’s Hot Cocoa. $3.99
Holiday Sweets & Treats (Promenade Refreshments) – EPCOT
- Hot Cocoa (non-alcoholic)
- Hot Cocoa with Assorted Alcoholic Cordials (Baileys Irish Cream, Frangelico Liqueur or Fireball Cinnamon Whisky)
Holiday Hearth- World Showplace – EPCOT
- Hot Cocoa (non-alcoholic)
- Cocoa Candy Cane: Hot Cocoa with Peppermint Schnapps
Pizzerizzo, Backlot Express, ABC Commissary and Rosie’s All-American Cafe- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Frozen Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate – Frozen salted caramel hot chocolate topped with marshmallows, green sugar, and a chocolate drizzle served with a souvenir Mickey Glow (Available Nov. 6 – Jan. 4)
Contempo Cafe – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Frozen Hot Cocoa– $4.50
Mickey’s Festive Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/8 Cup cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish
- Dash of salt
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
- White chocolate melts
- Zip-top bag
- Festive sprinkles
- Mini and regular marshmallows
- Mini and large candy canes
- Whipped cream
- For hot chocolate: combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and water in a sauce pan, mix, and continue to stir over medium heat until it boils.
- Once it boils, bring the heat down and add the milk. (But don’t let it boil again.)
- Keep stirring, then remove from heat and add vanilla.
- For decorating: Melt the white chocolate candy in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second increments until it’s completely melted. Stir in between each 15 seconds.
- Place the melted candy in a zip-top bag, then cut a small hole in one corner. This is your piping bag. Then pipe the melted candy around the mugs, including large drips coming down the sides. (Tip: smooth with a spoon when you finish piping.)
- While it’s still warm, pour festive sprinkles all over the melted candy. Then place mugs in the freezer.
- Next, take one regular marshmallow and two mini marshmallows to make Mickey! Break a toothpick in half and attached the two ears.
- Using a knife, cut a slit on the bottom to make it easier to add him to the rim of the mug.
- To crush the candy canes, simply place them on a cutting board while they’re still in the wrapping and use a large spoon (or other heavy kitchen utensil) to crush them. Then open the packets and pour into a bowl.
- Take the mugs out of the freezer and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. Then pour the hot chocolate inside. Top with LOTS of whipped cream.
Pro Tip: Cut a hole out of the middle of a piece of paper, then hold this above the whipped cream while you sift cocoa powder on top. This way, it only goes on the whipped cream, and not all over the place!
- Add the marshmallow Mickey, a large candy cane, a straw, and more sprinkles! Then add the crushed candy canes, peppermints, and sprinkles around the bottom of a small plate.
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook