Kidcot Helps You Celebrate The Season With Fun At Home Activities
If you’ve ever visited EPCOT with tiny tots in tow, then now doubt a HUGE portion of your day is about visiting the Kidcot stations around the World Showcase for fun and engaging activities that kids love! Today, we’re bringing that same fun directly to you with a couple of activities perfect for when weekend boredom sets in.
Let’s start with a fun coloring activity from the Germany Pavilion!
Here’s a fun fact! If you’re in Germany and want to find a bakery, all you need to do is look for a pretzel hanging above the shop door. That brings us to our first activity, an adorable coloring sheet of Chip and Dale indulging in this beloved Bavarian baked good!
You can download your own sheet here- Coloring Sheet Kidcot
And since we’re on the subject of baked goods, we also have a special recipe to share with you that’s both easy and delicious. The Easy-No-Bake Granola Treats recipe comes to you directly from the pastry chefs at Disney’s Contemporary resort!
If you’re a visual person like me then you’ll love the handy how-to video below that takes you through how to create this chocolate and peanut butter treats at home. The video follows 13-year-old Ava who is the daughter of Disney photographer Matt Stroshane. She also happens to be a wiz in the kitchen!
No-Bake Granola Treats from Disney’s Contemporary Resort Bakery
Makes 12 (2×2-inch) treats
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt marshmallows and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Add peanut butter, stirring to combine. Remove from heat. Stir in granola.
- Spoon mixture into 8×8-inch baking dish. Lightly press mixture into pan.
- Sprinkle top of mixture with chocolate chips, lightly pressing the chocolate chips into mixture.
- Set aside at room temperature to cool for 30 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Store treats in an airtight container at room temperature.
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook