BREAKING NEWS: Disney Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through End of February
For those planning on going on a Disney Cruise in February 2020, you’ll want to take note. Disney Cruise Line is reaching out to clients on February 2021 sailings to let them know that they will be cancelling itineraries through the month.
The copy on the email being sent out to guests read:
Our team at Disney Cruise Line remains focused on the health and well-being of our Guests and team members. We are carefully reviewing the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and working toward resuming operations. As we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service, we have decided to cancel all sailings departing through February 2021. In light of this cancellation, we are offering affected Guests who have paid their reservation in full the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing prior to May 31, 2022, or a full refund.
Here’s a look at the specific sailings that are being impacted by this morning’s announcement:
- Jan. 28-Feb. 1
- Feb. 1-6
- Feb. 6-11
- Feb. 11-15
- Feb. 15-20
- Feb. 20-25
- Feb. 25-March 1
- Jan. 27-Feb. 1
- Feb. 1-5
- Feb. 5-12
- Feb. 12-19
- Feb. 19-26
- Feb. 26-March 12
- Jan. 29-Feb. 1
- Feb. 1-5
- Feb. 5-8
- Feb. 8-12
- Feb. 12-15
- Feb. 15-19
- Feb. 19-22
- Feb. 22-26
- Feb. 26-March 1
- Jan. 30-Feb. 6
- Feb. 6-13
- Feb. 13-20
- Feb. 20-27
- Feb. 27-March 6
What To Do If Your Cruise Has Been Cancelled
- Guests who have paid your reservation in full will be able to choose between a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing or a full refund.
- If you HAVE NOT paid your reservation in full, you will automatically receive a refund of what you have paid so far.
- You should receive an official email from Disney Cruise line outlining the cancellation and the next steps to follow.
I’m cruising after February 2021 but I want to cancel. What should I do?
If you have a 2021 sailing already booked and want to cancel you can enjoy peace of mind as Disney Cruise Line has made temporary modifications allowing you to adjust your sail dates or receive a refund even AFTER the standard cancellation dates.
- Final Payment: For sailings through May 2021, you are NOW able to make your final payment until up to 60 days prior to sailing.
- Cancellation Fee Schedule: For sailings through May 2021, the cancellation fee schedule has been temporarily relaxed.
- Cruise Date Flexibility: For any sailings booked by November 30, 2020 scheduled to sail on or before May 31, 2021, you can change your sail date up to 15 days prior to departure.
- Flexible Refund Policy: Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with COVID-19-related health concerns (symptoms or exposure) can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date.
This is a story that we here at MickeyBlog will continue to follow closely. Readers are encouraged to keep checking in with us for further news and updates!
Thinking about a Disney Cruise? Sailings can currently be booked NOW through Spring of 2022! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your vacation truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook