Disney Recipe: Thanksgiving Leftover Stuffing Waffles
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If your family is like mine, you’re now staring at a mountain of leftovers and need some creative ways to get through them all. Have no fear! I have another fun Disney Thanksgiving leftover recipe to share. Earlier this week, I shared a recipe for Ham Sliders with Pineapple Cherry Jam that is sure to take your Thanksgiving leftover game to the next level. Today, I have a fantastic Thanksgiving Leftover Stuffing Waffle recipe to share!
This recipe is actually from a past EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays and it’s full name is “Leftover Stuffing Waffles with Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, and Homemade Cranberry Sauce”. This is a fun spin on the traditional Thanksgiving feast using the ultimate plate of leftovers, complete with crispy stuffing waffles! You get extra bonus points if you can make MICKEY Stuffing Waffles.
LEFTOVER STUFFING WAFFLES WITH TURKEY, MASHED POTATOES, GRAVY, AND HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
EPCOT® International Festival of the Holidays
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 1/2 cups leftover stuffing, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for brushing waffle maker
- 1 pound warmed leftover turkey, sliced
- 2 cups warmed leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups warmed leftover gravy
FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- Stir together cranberries, sugar, water, and orange zest in saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft.
- Increase heat to medium and cook about 12 minutes, or until cranberries burst. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high. Combine stuffing, eggs, and 1/4 cup cream. If mixture is too dry and not spreadable in the waffle maker pockets, add more cream as needed, until mixture is just wet enough to spread.
- Generously brush top, bottom, and all pockets of waffle maker with oil.
- Evenly and firmly pack each pocket of the waffle maker full with stuffing mixture. (Note: If using a mini waffle maker this will make 12-14 mini waffles. A larger waffle maker (6”-8” in diameter) will yield 6-8 waffles). Close and cook about 7 to 8 minutes, until golden and the waffles easily lift out of waffle maker.
Place two mini waffles or one large waffle on each plate. Top each with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce.
Note: Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby. This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.
Stay tuned to MickeyBlog as we share more delicious Disney recipes. Happy cooking!
Thanksgiving Leftover Stuffing Waffle Credit: Port Canaveral Web Cam
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical vacation packages available for 2020 and 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!