RECIPE: Recreate The Magnificent Cinnamon Rolls From Gaston’s Tavern
No ones Cinnamon Rolls are incredibly thick like Gaston’s! If you’ve been to Magic Kingdom then you know that Gaston’s Tavern, the eatery themed after Beauty and the Beast’s very own tall, dark, strong and handsome brute serves up a pretty might cinnamon roll! Now, thanks to a recent recipe shared by Today, you can recreate this magic at home !
The recipe comes from the “Unofficial Disney Parks Cookbook” by Ashley Craft which can be found here for $14.42!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted, divided
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 6½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packets active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water, at room-temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the dough:
1. Grease a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup melted butter and milk.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add 2½ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water, egg and butter mixture. Using the flat beater attachment, mix until well-combined. Add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, while mixing until the dough starts to form a ball.
4. Switch to the dough hook attachment and knead on low speed, 5 minutes.
5. Remove dough from bowl, sprinkle some flour in bowl and place dough back in the same bowl. Let rise 10 minutes in a warm place.
For the filling:
In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and butter together. Set aside.
1. Roll out dough into a long rectangle, about 3- by 2-feet. Spread filling evenly across the whole surface of the dough. Starting at short end, roll dough like a jelly roll. Make a cut in the center of the roll, and then cut about 6 inches from the center on either side to make 2 giant rolls.
2. Place both rolls swirl-edge down in prepared pan.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F.
4. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. Allow rolls to rise at room temperature, 30 minutes.
5. Bake rolls 20 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
For the cream cheese frosting:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add cream cheese and butter. Combine and heat until melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar. Add vanilla, cream and salt. Stir, then set aside.
For the butterscotch topping:
In a separate medium saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar, butter and cream. Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add salt and vanilla. Set aside.
Place each giant roll on a large plate. Drizzle cream cheese frosting in one direction along each roll’s swirl, then drizzle with butterscotch in the other direction.
This warm ooey gooey treat is perfect for Sunday mornings especially in the lead-in to the holiday season! We hope you enjoy recreating a bit of Disney magic at home. You can find a printable version of the recipe here – Gaston’s Giant Cinnamon Rolls
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog for even more awesome eats and treats you can recreate at home.
Thinking about a visit to Disney World in 2021? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook