Woo! Watching The Happy Opening Of DCA
The Daily Woo Headed to Disney California Adventure for the Opening Of Buena Vista Street Shopping and Dining…
Firstly, regardless of who you are, it’s been a very tough news week (month, year). So, when you can see — I mean really see — pure simple joy, that’s a gift.
And today, I wanted to highlight one of my favorite YouTuber’s reaction to returning to the grounds of Disney California Adventure opening for the first time in eight months. Adam the Woo’s gift to Disneydom was his wonderful reaction video, which perfectly captured his and his friends’ excitement at simply being “inside” the Disneyland resort for the first time in forever.
“Yes! Yes! I am excited about this,” said Adam. “We’re back!”
Buena Vista Street Reopened!
Secondly, the (almost full) official Disneyland release explained:
Beginning November 19, 2020, there will be even more distinctively Disney dining and shopping to enjoy at the Disneyland Resort, when the Downtown Disney District extends to Buena Vista Street.
With Buena Vista Street soon opening select shopping and dining experiences, guests can find even more places to enjoy a memorable meal or a fun shopping excursion during their visit.
Discover Expanded Downtown Disney District
Here’s what guests will discover:
- Elias & Co. is divided into distinct sections for men, women, and children, so shoppers will find something special for the entire family. Julius Katz & Sons have a selection of holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor. Kingswell Camera Shop offers gift-giving ideas such as frames, photo albums, and more.
- Fora memorable snack, Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections, and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream, and other “must-bite” treats.
- At Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe, guests can enjoy the enchanting sights and sounds of Buena Vista Street—and a cup of coffee or an artisan sandwich.
- Sit-down dining options include Carthay Circle Lounge – Al Fresco Dining, where visitors can unwind in an expanded outdoor seating area to experience an all-new menu of cocktails and dining.
- Smokejumpers Grill is serving up tasty American classics for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place an order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.*
- Award Wieners offers corn dogs or soft drinks, also available via mobile order.
Only the shopping and dining experiences along Buena Vista Street will be accessible from the Downtown Disney District at this time, as Disney California Adventure park is currently closed.
Back In Disney California Adventure
And Adam The Woo brought us around nearly all of those open experiences:
The ReOpening Day of DCA at Disneyland Resort – Buena Vista Street is BACK After 8 Months of Closure
ReOpening Day of Buena Vista Street at DCA in Disneyland Resort.
Bonus: Adam The Woo goes on a mission
And that mission is McDonald’s Happy Meals. Hilarity (unintentional or otherwise) ensues. And if you are a parent, and have heard the complaints of kids who get the same kids’ meal toy time after time, it will make you nod in understanding as Adam asks each location which toys they have available.
Finding The NEW McDonalds Disney World Happy Meal Items At Six Different Locations Near Disneyland
Moreover, if you want the full details of McDonald’s new Walt Disney World-themed Happy Meals, check it out below:
Finally, just a note from Adam’s DCA stream, where someone mentioned guests getting in the Disney California Adventure front door and finding a bench to sit down. As a world-class bench-sitter, I would really love to find a Disney bench to sit on, soon.