SURPRISE! Christmastime Returns to WDW – VIDEO
Overnight, Walt Disney World transformed from a not-so-scary venue of Halloween scenes to a veritable Holiday hot spot…
This morning, The Blogfather Greg Antonelle jumped out of the shower (forgetting to get the shampoo out of his hair!), ran to the car (forgetting his Magic Band!), and sped to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kindom to document the park’s surprise transformation.
The changeover from Halloween and autumn decor was not supposed to happen until November 6.
However, the crews were out last night and the Christmas Tree now adorns Town Square and red and green-ribboned wreaths are up and down Main Street, U.S.A. Jack-o-lanterns are no longer in vogue and evergreens, candles, and bells are now de rigor.
Honestly, it must have been something to see in person because after writing up the Antonelle Family’s Halloween Day in the park, the juxtaposition was striking.
Holiday-themed photos from Magic Kingdom
But before we get to the video, check out the photos (which will be mentioned in today’s stream). Check out the photos from the entrance to Cinderella’s Castle:
Take a ride on Magic Kingdom’s Jingle Cruise:
It’s Time to Mingle and Jingle on the Jingle Cruise at the Magic Kingdom!
Holiday merchandise in The Emporium on Main Street:
Video From Christmas-Themed MK
“We went from the spooky season; Halloween, Jack Skellington, villains, to we’re in the festive season,” announced Greg.
And he was right!
- Decorated Train Station, Magic Kingdom Entrance
- Christmas Tree in Town Square
- Main Street, U.S.A.
- Dapper Dans
- “Jingle” Cruise theming
- Futuristic trees in Tomorrowland
- A Goofy Cavalcade
- “Window shopping” in The Emporium
And Walt Disney World is NOT done decorating (or entertaining)!
The Walt Disney World website posted:
The holidays are around the corner! It’s time to get ready for the most wonderful time of the year and jingle all the way through the holiday magic at the Walt Disney World resort! Highlights include:
- Santa Claus will be making time for special appearances at all 4-Parks, plus Disney Springs!
- Character cavalcades take on a special holiday twist, featuring your favorite Christmas friends joined by Gingerbread Men, Elves and Reindeer!
- Enjoy the sounds of the Main Street Philharmonic as they march down Main Street U.S.A in Magic Kingdom Park with the Toy Soldiers.
- A joyful look for Cinderella Castle when night falls and special projection effects transform the iconic palace with a rotating series of designs including a Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green, and gold ornamentation.