Haven’t Made Your Halloween Pumpkins Yet? You’ll Love This Easy DIY!
If you’re looking for some last-minute pumpkin decorating inspiration we here at MickeyBlog have got you covered. Disney Family shared the most adorable and easy-to-make pumpkin decorating DIY project that is perfect for those that want to skip the carving this year! The Minnie Witch Caramel Apple Pumpkin draws its inspiration from of Disney’s most delectable theme park treats.
We promise that your whole family will love this frightfully easy no-carve pumpkin craft. So follow the simple instructions below and you’ll be completing your Minnie Mouse Masterpiece in no time!
What You’ll Need
- Medium pumpkin with stem attached
- 2 styrofoam balls
- Wooden dowel
- Round glass pebbles
- Craft foam sheet, purple and orange
- Acrylic paint, orange, white, purple, brown, purple glitter
- Hot glue
- Painter’s tape
- Large coffee filter
How To Make It:
1. Carve small indents on the bottom of both styrofoam balls, then paint them brown. Paint the glass pebbles orange and the wooden dowel white. You will need 2-3 coats on everything. Let dry between coats.
2, Paint your pumpkin with a white base coat. Let dry.
3. Cut the purple craft foam into a witch hat shape. Cut the orange foam into a bow shape and thin rectangle. You can print an internet bow template to help guide you.
4. To form the bow, take the bow-shaped orange foam by the two middle edges and glue them together. Wrap the orange foam rectangle around the middle of the glued-together part of the bow, and hot glue it in place in the back. Use your index finger to push the bows in, securing with hot glue. Glue the bow to the bottom of the purple hat.
5. Wrap the painter’s tape around the middle of your pumpkin to help make a straighter edge. Paint the top half brown, remove tape, and let dry. You can use a small paintbrush and white paint to clean up the edges. Paint the bottom half with the purple paint until the white base coat is fully covered. Once dry, apply the purple glitter acrylic paint on top.
6. Glue the orange pebbles in a zigzag high-low pattern on the purple area.
7. Glue the wooden dowel behind the pumpkin stem. Next, glue the foam balls on top for the ears. Attach the hat in front to cover the stem.
8. Place your finished pumpkin on top of a coffee filter for display.
Thinking about a Disney getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to receive your FREE-no obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook