RECIPE: Hidden Mickey Halloween Cookies
For those thinking of whipping up some sweet treats this Halloween Season, we here at MickeyBlog (with a little help from our friends at Disney) have you covered with the PERFECT Halloween cookie recipe.
This Hidden Mickey Halloween Cookies Recipe is made up with a chocolate cookie, an gooey cream center and a Hidden Mickey!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (Dutch-processed recommended)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of salt
- Food coloring (purple, green, orange)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until well combined. Whisk in the vanilla and melted chocolate. Add in the egg and whisk until combined.
- In another bowl, stir flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda until combined. Stir flour mixture into the chocolate mixture. Let the dough sit for an hour to firm up.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of wax paper. Shape into a log about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll log in wax paper and shape as you roll to maintain a smooth cylinder. Twist ends of paper to help keep the shape compact. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. (If log flattens on one side, rotate every 30 minutes or so to maintain a round shape.)
- Heat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut dough in 1/4-inch thick slices and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Use a 2’’ round pastry cutter to cut out a smooth circle for each slice.
7. Cut out a Mickey shape on half of the slices (in the middle of each) using a 3/4″ round pastry cutter for the head and the back of a large, round pastry tip for the ears.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are firm to the touch.
9. Cool and prepare the filling. In a mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add milk and salt, and continue beating until smooth again. Then add preferred food coloring.
10. Place filling into a pastry bag and pipe filling on the bottom of the plain cookies and sandwich Mickey cutout cookies on top.
This is just one of the many delicious Halloween recipes we’ve shared over the past few weeks. For some additional inspiration check out these articles:
- Mickey Pumpkin Truffles
- Oogie Boogie Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Mickey Hot Cocoa
- Hocus Pocus Broomstick Twists
- Hocus Pocus Potion
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with us here at MickeyBlog for even more spooktacular Halloween culinary inspiration.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook