Everything You Need To Know About Aulani’s Reopening Plans
As we previously shared with you here at MickeyBlog, Aulani Resort is planning on starting their phased reopening on November 1st. As we inch ever closer to the reopening of this incredible Disney property in Hawaii, Aulani is starting to unveil some of their precautions and policies that will be in place to keep guests safe when they reopen.
With this in mind, clients with existing reservations in November will be receiving an email from Aulani we’ll share an example of that email below for your information:
SAMPLE GUEST COMMUNICATION THAT Guests May Receive From Aulani:
We at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa look forward to welcoming our valued guests and Disney Vacation Club Members back to the magic at Aulani Resort with a phased reopening beginning November 1, 2020.
Our gradual, phased approach to reopening considers the guidance of local and national government and health authorities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the U.S. Travel Association and Disney’s team of health and safety professionals.
Given you have an upcoming reservation at Aulani Resort, we would like to provide you with an update about changes at the resort, which will help you better plan for your stay. Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure that you know what to expect. You can read more about these measures at Aulani.com.
The letter then breaks down very aspects that guests will want to be aware of during your visit. Please take note of all these updates before heading out or booking your Aulani Getaway.
Pre-arrival steps for guests:
- Quarantine or Pre-Travel Testing: There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the Hawaii Tourism Authority website at GoHawaii.com. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts, advisories and restrictions leading up to your planned stay.By entering Aulani Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and that you understand and will abide by the established health and safety requirements.
- Face Coverings – Masks will be required for all Guests (age 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
- Online Check-In Service – To promote physical distancing, we strongly recommend that Members and Guests use Aulani’s Online Check-in service.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures:
- Incorporating Social Distancing – Services will be adjusted within stores, restaurants, pools, the fitness center, and other public areas to allow for physical distancing, including reducing capacity where appropriate and implementing enhanced cleaning measures.
- Technology- New technology may be used at Aulani to aid in social distancing measures these efforts, with limited-contact services being implemented in shopping and dining locations.
- Increased cleaning in common areas – In common areas, extra attention will be given to high traffic areas such as public elevator buttons, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms, and more. Additionally, hand sanitizers will be located throughout the resort.
- Guest Rooms: Prior to each guest arrival, rooms will be given an enhanced cleaning. During a stay, rooms will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include removal of trash and used towels, replenishment of towels and amenities, and wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces. Guests may also decline every-other-day service.
- Disney Vacation Club Members- DVC guests staying on points will receive service on the fourth and eighth day, unless service is declined.
- Technology Solutions- Limited contact options including menu QSR codes, cashless payments and online check-in will help to minimize contact and maintain physical distancing.
Aulani Amenities and Services That Will Remain Closed:
During the initial reopening period, some resort dining, amenities, activities and services will be modified, limited in capacity or unavailable based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Aunty’s Beach House
- Laniwai Spa
- Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
- ‘AMA‘AMA Restaurant
- Makahiki Bounty of the Islands – including character dining
- KA WA‘A Lū‘au
- Little Opihi’s beachside kiosk
- Private Dining
- Valet service
- Alamo car rental desk
- Instructor-led fitness classes
- Some activities, including ‘Ohana Movie Night, Shaka-A-Shaka Pool Party, Disney Animation, Kakamora Chaos, DVC Member Hour, and guided tours
Additionally, food and beverage offerings, menus and operating hours may be adjusted, and pools and recreation offerings may operate differently during this time.
No Smoking at Aulani:
As part of Aulani’s commitment to promoting health and safety for our Resort Guests, Disney Vacation Club Members, and Cast Members, Aulani Resort will reopen as a smoke-free resort. Smoking locations will be removed, and smoking will not be permitted on premises.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
To provide further flexibility during these uncertain times, cancellation policies have been temporarily updated for Walt Disney Travel Company packages, room-only reservations booked directly through Disney, and Disney Vacation Club.
For Guests with Walt Disney Travel Company packages and room-only reservations booked directly through Disney:
- You may change or cancel your Aulani Resort reservation up to 24 hours prior to arrival date for stays through May 20, 2021 without Disney-imposed cancellation fees. This is a temporary modification to the Resort cancellation and refund policy and applies to both “room-only” bookings and Walt Disney Travel Company vacation packages.
- For “room-only” cancellations made less than 24 hours before arrival (including no shows), a cancellation fee will be charged equivalent to the first night’s room rate plus tax. For Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package cancellations made less than 24 hours before arrival (including no shows), a $400 cancellation fee will be charged. Failure to check in to the hotel on the scheduled arrival date without timely prior notice of cancellation or change will be subject to these fees.
- This temporary policy applies for stays through May 20, 2021 only. Any stays after this date will adhere to the regular cancellation and refund policy, as follows:
- “Room-only” cancellations- This must be made at least 5 days prior to your arrival. For cancellations made 4 days or less before your arrival date (including no shows), a cancellation fee will be charged equivalent to the first night’s room rate plus tax. Failure to check in to the hotel on the scheduled arrival date without timely prior notice of cancellation or change will be subject to fees equivalent to the first night’s hotel rate plus tax.
- For a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation packages—or if you have booked other components with your room such as flight or car rental—the required notification timeframe is 30 days or more, with a $400 cancel fee if notice is 29 days or less.
To rebook or cancel a reservation, contact your Travel Agent, call (866) 44-DISNEY or (866) 443-4763. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Cancellation and refund policies are subject to change.
For Disney Vacation Club Members:
- Disney Vacation Club has also modified the temporary policies regarding expiring Points.Please view temporary updates to our cancellation policy.
- Members are advised to contact Member Services only if you need assistance with an existing reservation. Any Member who would like to book a new Disney Vacation Club Resort reservation or modify an existing reservation may do so through the Member Online Booking Tool.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for further Aulani news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook