New Rides and Attractions Added to the Refurbishment Schedule
In a world where everything seems to be reopening, there are a few Disney rides and attractions that are actually closed. Many times routine maintenance, additions of safety protocols, cleaning and basic improvements call for a ride or attraction to be added to the refurbishment schedule. This fall brings the closure of a few Disney standards.
The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover has not been in operation since the park’s closure in March. It was formally added to the Disney Refurb schedule with an removal date of November 1st. However, the PeopleMover is still quiet and the closure has been extended until at least November 28th.
Don’t be surprised if the PeopleMover does not magically return in late November. Disney recently filed permits for construction on the ride. MickeyBlog did report back in August that testing was taking place on the TTA PeopleMover so there is hope it will return sooner rather than later.
Liberty Square Riverboat
The liberty square riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island will both be closed beginning on October 5th. No reopening has been announced, but it is safe to say it will be 2021 before these attractions will be available to guests again. Big Thunder Mountain is also located in this area of the park and is scheduled for some enhancements as well. It might be a rocky last few months of 2020 for the Riverboat and her surroundings.
Full List of Rides/Attractions
According to the Walt Disney World Refurbishment Calendar here is a full list of rides/attractions that are closed either permanently or temporarily.
- Animal Kingdom
- Rivers of Light – Permanently Ended
- Primeval Whirl-Permanently Closed
- Magic Kingdom
- Stitch’s Great Escape – Permanently Closed
- Liberty Square Riverboat – October 5, 2020 to January 2021
- Tom Sawyer Island – October 5, 2020 to January 2021
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – Closed Through At Least November 28, 2020
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Reopening TBD (Likely Late 2021)
- Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure – Permanently Ended
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – Permanently Ended
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away (stage show) – Permanently Ended
- Water Parks
- Blizzard Beach – Reopening March 2021 pending approval
- Typhoon Lagoon – Reopening March 2021 pending approval
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.com.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’m here to help you with everything you need to make your Disney Vacation Magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Renee@MickeyTravels.com or follow along on Facebook.