Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival 2020 Is Culinary Magic
The phased reopening of EPCOT on July 15, 2020 also brought us a new version of the popular EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival. This popular event will continue through the fall but it will be slightly different from festivals past. Let’s take a look at some of the changes of the Festival and the return of many of our favorite aspects.
The Taste of EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival marks the park’s 25thconsecutive year hosting this popular event, which also will be the longest festival in Walt Disney World Resort history. The new event offers more than 20 signature global marketplaces, including Hawaii, Hops & Barley and Brazil, while incorporating elements of the EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, as well.
Guests can sip and savor dishes and drinks from six continents, including thoughtful pairings of wine, beer and specialty cocktails with food selections. The festival’s marketplaces encircle the World Showcase promenade and extend into World Showplace, which offers four indoor marketplaces. Additional tables are in place throughout the park where guests can stop and remove their face coverings to enjoy festival dishes while maintaining physical distancing. They can also take photos in front of the park’s newest Remy topiary in the France pavilion.
New Offerings and Festival Favorites
- Shimmering Sips (Showcase Plaza) – Banana Bread with Mixed Berry Compote (plant-based)
- Desserts & Champagne (World Showplace) – Liquid Nitro Chocolate Cake Pops, with options for special toppings
- Mac & Cheese Hosted by Boursin Cheese (World Showplace) – Gourmet macaroni and cheese with options for special toppings, including lobster cream or plant-based Italian sausage and peppers
- Wine & Dine Featuring Festival Favorites (World Showplace) – Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream, Guinness Baileys Milkshake and more
- Chef Minnie & Chef Mickey Collection – Chef Mickey joins Chef Minnie again this year for a fun collection featuring the “Queen of Cuisine” apparel, cookware, tumblers and more
- Recipe for a Figment Collection – Guests can bring Chef Figment home with them with fun accessories, including apparel and baking items
- Taste Your Way Around the World Collection – Guests can celebrate their trip around the global marketplaces with apparel, tabletop accessories and more
- Brews Around the World Collection – This tasty line features a baseball cap with opener, bottle opener key chain, a growler and more
- Passholder Collection – Throughout the festival, Annual Passholders can celebrate with an assortment of keepsakes created especially for them, including featured items from Chef Minnie, Chef Mickey, Chef Figment and Chef Remy
Festival Fun and Entertainment for the Entire Family
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak scavenger hunt returns this year, where families can search for “Little Chef” together throughout the festival.
- Live performances from popular acts such as Mariachi Cobre and the JAMMitors occur throughout the day in the America Gardens Theatre.
New Digital Festival Guidebook
- New this year, a digital Festival Guidebook is available on the My Disney Experience mobile app. The handy guide lists the menus for all marketplaces, along with locations for festival-exclusive merchandise and fun family activities.
Food & Wine Festival 2020 Credit: Disney
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020 AND 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!