RECIPE: Food & Wine Festival Mac and Cheese For Your Comfort Food Sunday!
To us, nothing says Sunday quite like tucking into some delicious comfort food and thanks to a little help from the culinary geniuses that prepared dishes for this year’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival we have just the recipe! Below you’ll find all of the steps to captuer the fan-favorite- Gourmet Macaroni & Cheese!
This dish comes directly from the Mac & Cheese Marketplace Hosted by Boursin Cheese which is located in the World Showplace. This dish is made with Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese and is topped with her panko. Trust us when we say it is nothing short of spectacular. So what are you waiting for? Conjure up some ambition this Sunday afternoon and let’s get cooking!
Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese topped with Herbed Panko
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup panko
- Coarse salt, to taste
Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:
- 1 (16 ounce) box cavatappi pasta or elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 (5.2-ounce) Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels, divided
- Coarse salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
For Toasted Panko:
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add panko and stir until combined.
- Toast in pan for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from heat; salt to taste. Set aside.
For Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese:
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain well. Set aside keeping warm.
- Melt butter in 5-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until a blonde roux, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add milk, garlic powder, onion powder, and mustard powder and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
- Fold in both shredded cheddar cheeses and two Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheels.
- Blend with immersion blender until cheese has melted and smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Add hot, cooked pasta with cheese sauce and mix until combined and divide evenly into 6-8 bowls.
- Cut remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese wheel into 6-8 pieces or crumble into a small dish.
- Top Gourmet Macaroni and Cheese with toasted panko and Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese pieces or crumbles.
- Serve immediately.
If, like me, you like to have a print out on hand in the kitchen to cross out steps as you go then here’s the printable PDF for you – Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more incredible ways to cook up some delicious Disney dishes at home!
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook