Add Some Disney Magic To Your Halloween Decor With This DIY Skeleton Dance Garland
If you’ve got the kids at home this school year, chances are you’re on the lookout for some fun arts and crafts! We here at MickeyBlog are of the theory that it’s NEVER to early to start decorating for Halloween and we have the perfect project. Last year the geniuses over at D23 shared details on a silly garland inspired by The Skeleton Dance.
For those unfamiliar, The Skeleton Dance was directed by Walt Disney himself 90 years ago. This whimsical macabre cartoon features four spooktacular skeletons dancing and rattling along. The short (which we’ll show below in its entirety) kicked off Disney’s 10-year Silly Symphonies series.
If you loved that as much as we did then you’re sure to be smitten with the craft below that will turn your home into a Haunted Mansion in no time.
To get started, simply save the printable skeletons above then follow these instructions:
- Print several copies of the skeletons PDF on 8.5” x 11” card stock. We recommend at least 5 sheets (20 skeletons total)
- Cut individual skeletons out with scissors, following the black lines. Kids, get help from an adult!
- Use a hole punch to cut out a small hole on each skeleton’s elbow.
- Thread string or ribbon through the front of the left elbow and up through the back of the right elbow of each skeleton, attaching them together.
- Use tape to hang your Skeleton Dance garland wherever you please. For longer garlands, you may need to add tape to the middle in addition to both ends.
It couldn’t be easier and you’ll have your skeleton’s dancing along in now time! This is just one of the many awesome Halloween-inspired arts and crafts we’ll be sharing this spooky season so keep following along with MickeyBlog!
Thinking about a Disney Getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook