Whip Up A Magical Dessert With This Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake Recipe
No visit to Disneyland Resort would be complete without a visit to the Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square. This restaurant located within the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride takes ambiance to the next level. Over the years this classic Disneyland eatery has also garnered a reputation for serving up delicious classic Disney’s, ones that you could imagine Walt eating.
One of our favorites has to be this Fantasia Cheesecake recipe. WIth a name that conjures up magic and whimsy you just know it will be delicious!
Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake Recipe
- 4 cups cream cheese (32 oz.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon flavoring
- 4 eggs
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker meal
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar, blending thoroughly.
- Add salt and lemon flavoring and mix well.
- Add one egg at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition.
- Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Combine first three ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Press into a greased 9-inch spring form or cake pan.
- Pour in cheese mixture and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 70 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Cool thoroughly.
- If you have used a cake pan, place a board the same size as cake on top, then tip slightly until loose and turn over on a dish.
- Combine sour cream and sugar and spread evenly on top of cheesecake.
- For variety, top the cake with fresh strawberries or any other pie filling.
Quick Tip: You can customize the final texture of this cheesecake to your tastes. For a more cake-like texture bake about 10 minutes longer than called for in this recipe. For a creamier cake, remove five minutes earlier.
For those looking for a full Blue Bayou feast, we also have a recipe for this restaurant’s famous Monte Cristo Sandwich to share with you!
So surprise you’re family with a delicious evening meal just like you’d get at one of Disneyland’s most famous eateries! Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for even more awesome Disney-inspired recipes!
hinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook