RECIPE: Fried Pickles From Carnation Cafe
I’ll admit it, one of my favorite guilty pleasures is fried pickles and if you’ve ever been to Disneyland Resort in Anaheim then you know that one of the best places to get Fried Pickles on the planet is at Carnation Cafe. But with the theme parks still closed on the West Coast, it may be a while before you’re able to indulge in the sinful treat at Carnation anytime soon.
With that in mind, Disney is sharing Carnation Cafe’s famous fried pickle recipe and we couldn’t wait to pass it on to you.
Let’s get started!
Fried Pickles from Carnation Café from Disneyland Park
Makes 1 dozen
Zesty House Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons favorite Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup favorite ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16-ounce jar of dill pickle spears, about 12 pickles (should be uniform in size; cut in half widthwise, if necessary)
Zesty House Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl, whisking well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Using caution, pour oil into large skillet and heat to 365°F.
- Place flour in shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs until smooth in small mixing bowl. Transfer to another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and Parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge each pickle spear in flour.
- Add pickle to whisked eggs, tossing gently to coat.
- Add pickle to bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Place breaded pickle on tray and repeat steps until all pickles are breaded.
- Carefully place breaded pickles in skillet and fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with zesty house sauce.
You can add this delicious treat to your recipe box with our printout here – Carnation-Cafe-Fried-Pickles
And, if like me, you are a more visual person then thank 13 year old junior chef Ava who made this recipe at home to walk us through the process.
We hope this treat brings a Disney-inspired smile to your face! Keep following along with MickeyBlog for more other awesome recipes!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook