Where to Find Your Favorite Characters When Walt Disney World Reopens
With Cast Member and Annual Passholder previews starting this week, we are in the final stretch until Disney’s Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom reopen on July 11 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT open on July 15. While the experience may be slightly different, the magic is still there and Guests will still be able to see their favorite characters!
Up close meet and greets will be temporarily suspended, but Guests will still be able to see their favorite characters including Mickey and Pals as well as Disney Princesses around the Walt Disney World Parks including a few character dining experiences. Find out where and how to find and see them below.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Upon the initial phase of Walt Disney World’s phased reopening, Guests visiting Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be able to spot their favorite characters during “Character Cruises.” “Character Cruises” will take place at various times throughout the day and will occur on Discovery River in the heart of the Park. They will feature the following:
- Discovery River Character Cruise
- Discovery Island Drummers
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
- Mickey & Friends Flotilla
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Over at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests will be able to spot their favorite characters throughout the day during Character Cavalcades. The Cavalcades will run down Hollywood Boulevard and include the following:
- Disney Junior Stars Motorcade
- Mickey & Friends Motorcade
- Pixar Motorcade
Character Cavalcades will also occur at EPCOT upon Walt Disney World’s reopening. In addition, popular entertainment performers are set to make a return!
The EPCOT Character Cavalcades will feature:
- Frozen Promenade
- Mickey & Friends World Tour
- Princess Promenade
Performances by the following groups will also be available for Guests at EPCOT:
- Mariachi Cobre
There will be no shortage of character magic at the Magic Kingdom! Guests at the Magic Kingdom will be able to see their pals and princesses during Character Cavalcades featuring the following:
- The Royal Princess Processional
- Mickey & Friends Cavalcade
- Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade
- A Goofy Cavalcade
- Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure
In addition, the Main Street Philharmonic will welcome Guests of the Magic Kingdom.
Character Dining at Walt Disney World
In the first phase of Walt Disney World’s phased reopening, two character dining experiences will be available. One option is in the Parks while the other is outside the Parks.
- Chip n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at Garden Grill: Located inside The Land Pavilion inside EPCOT, characters will be on hand for Guests dining at Garden Grill. Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto will parade around the restaurant and pose for photos at a safe distance.
- Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends at Topolino’s: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy have already started welcoming Guests back to their themed breakfast inside Topolino’s at Disney’s Riviera Resort. Just like at Garden Grill, characters dance around the restaurant and pose for socially distanced photos. We just checked it out yesterday and the magic was definitely still alive!
So, while things at Walt Disney World might be a little bit different at first, these changes are just temporary and the Disney magic is still alive! Even though we might not be able to run up and give Mickey a hug and express how much we missed him, we can still blow a kiss as the Character Cavalcades and parades pass by!
Let’s start planning your 2020 or 2021 Disney vacation! Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation with me by December 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket