Disneyland Receives Approval to Reopen Select Hotels and Downtown Disney Next Month
As we reported earlier this month, the Disneyland Resort submitted plans to state and local governments to begin their phased reopening next month. Disneyland was looking to open the Downtown Disney District on July 9 while reopening two of three of their Resort Hotels, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, on July 23. Today, we can confirm state and local governments have approved these plans for Disneyland to reopen.
It is important to note that Disneyland also submitted plans to reopen Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on July 17. At this time, these plans are still pending approval by state and local governments.
When the Disneyland Resort reopens, enhanced health and safety measures will be in place to keep all Guests and Cast Members safe and healthy. These measures include:
- Enhanced protective measures including mandatory face coverings for all Guests and Cast Members as well as additional hand-washing stations.
- Guest capacity will be reduced to enable physical distancing and appropriate signs to help Guests move responsibly throughout the Disneyland Resort.
- All Guests and Cast Members will be required undergo temperature screenings
- Cashless transactions are recommended to reduce Cast Member and Guest interactions with helpful technology, including the expansion of Mobile Order in the Disneyland app, Apple Pay, and more.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures will be implemented
In addition, a theme parks reservation system will also be implemented to limit park capacity. We expect this system to be similar to the Disney Park Pass system that was just introduced at Walt Disney World yesterday.
There is no word at this time if/when the Disneyland Resort will receive the approval from state and local authorities to reopen Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. As soon as that is confirmed, you can count on MickeyBlog.com to be the first to bring it to you!
Let’s start planning 2021 Disneyland vacation! Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you reach out to me about your Disney vacation package* by June 30, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket
Image/Source Credit: Disney