Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Will Not Reopen Until, May House MLS Players
As we reported over the weekend, select Walt Disney World Resort Hotels will begin reopening on June 22 in prep for the Theme Parks to reopen on July 11 and July 15. However, it was just announced that the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort will not be opening until July 29. And, by the looks of things, the delayed opening might be due to Major League Soccer (MLS) coming to town!
The official Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort website, gives Guests an update on the closure and what are the next steps are:
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is implementing the following policies:
- In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks and hotels, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will close effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:00pm EST through July 29, 2020.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date,, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival will be allowed, as long as the change or cancellation is made by July 5, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and July 5, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- Please note that this policy does NOT apply to travel associated with a group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
- We will continue to make adjustments to our operations as appropriate and look forward to welcoming guests back as soon as it is advisable. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
As we reported last week, MLS is expected to join the NBA in professional sports teams and play a tournament at Walt Disney World this Summer. @ScottGustin points out on Twitter that if you try to make a reservation at one of two of the Resorts for July 29, there is still no availability. The earliest a reservation for the Walt Disney World Swan Resort can be made is August 12, 2020. This is interesting because MLS is scheduled to start their tournament on July 9 with finals to be played around August 9 to August 11, 2020. Could the MLS players, coaches, and staff be staying
It’s also important to note that the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resorts will not be open when the Walt Disney World Theme Parks reopen on July 11 and July 15, 2020. Do these closures impact your plans? Let us know in the comments below.
Ready to book your Walt Disney World or Universal vacation? Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me by June 15, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket.
Source Credit: Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort