What To Expect When Walt Disney World Resorts Open on June 22nd
If you’ve been following along with us here at MickeyBlog then you know that we are coming up to a VERY important date. Walt Disney World recently announced that they will be reopening SELECT Walt Disney World resorts on June 22nd.
As part of Disney World’s phased re-opening plans, this will be a time of HUGE changes. For instance, select resorts are opening up nearly three weeks before the theme parks do (week of July 11th). That’s why we thought we’d take some time to walk you through what these early reopening stages will look like.
Let’s get started:
What Resorts Are Opening on June 22nd?
Is should be noted that only a select number of resorts will be opening this month. These are primarily Deluxe Villa properties. This includes:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
Do I Need To Do Anything NEW Before My Visit?
Yup. Because these are unprecedented times, there is a range of new policies put into place for guests. Here are some important steps to get you started.
- If Travelling between June 22nd – July 4th, Confirm your plans with Disney – As we reported yesterday here at MickeyBlog, Disney World will be emailing all guests with reservations during the time period above to ask you to reconfirm your reservation. Please make sure to do this to avoid cancellation.
- Check Travel Restrictions in Your Home State – Just because Disney is reopening doesn’t mean your state doesn’t have their own policies. For this reason, it is VERY important especially during these initial stages that you brush up on your local policies. Also, be sure to check out https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
- Bring Face Masks – As we previously mentioned here at MickeyBlog, face coverings are required for all guests ages 2 and up. This will be enforced in ALL public areas. The only exception is while swimming or dining.
- Wellness Screenings WIll Be In Place – If you’ve been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you are experiencing symptoms, Disney requires a 14-day quarantine. Temperature checks will be in place on the property and guests are encouraged to check your own temperatures before travelling to Walt Disney World.
- Make Sure You’ve Downloaded the My Disney Experience App – Disney will be introducing new functionality to My Disney Experience including a virtual chat which is designed to minimize your trips to the front desk.
- Cashless or Contactless Forms of Payment Are Recommended – Upon reopening, Disney would like actual money to change hands as little as possible to keep Cast Members and visitors safe. For this reason, it is recommended that you come prepared with a Cashless or Contactless form of payment. A great solution is to add charging privileges to your MagicBands. You can do this via the My Disney Experience App or at your hotel front desk.
- Online Check-In – Disney is strongly recommending that you Check-In Online prior to your arrival using the My Disney Experience App. When your room is ready, you’ll be notified and can use your MagicBand or My Disney Experience App to gain entry to your room.
- Virtual Chat With a Resort Cat Member – Beginning June 22, guests can chat with a Resort Cast Member via the My Disney Experience app for assistance during your stay. So, there’s no need to visit the Lobby or stand in line.
- Automatic Checkout- On your scheduled check-out day, you’ll be automatically checked out of your room so you don’t need to visit the Front Desk.
What Services Will/Won’t Be Available to Resort Guests?
There have been MANY amendments to services and amenities at Walt Disney World resorts during the initial phases of reopening beginning on June 22nd. We’ll do our best to outline them all for you below.
- Disney’s Magical Express® Service – Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport. To book the service contact your Travel Agent or Disney directly at 407.939.1936. Many airlines are also changing their flight schedules so definitely check before your trip to make sure your flights haven’t been impacted
- Walt Disney World Resort Buses – Bus transportation will still be available between your resort and Disney Springs. However, the buses will be on a reduced schedule and social distancing measures will be put into place.
- Minnie Van Service – This private shuttle service organized through LYFT Minnie Van will not be available during the initial reopening period.
- Parking – Self-parking will be available. However, there will be NO Valet service (with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance.) Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
- Club Level – Will be temporarily unavailable during the initial phase of reopening.
- Bell Services. – Luggage can still be delivered but cast members will not be escorting guests.
- Resort Airline Check-In Service – May not be available
- Deliveries – Will only be made to occupied rooms.
- In-Room Celebrations – Disney Floral and Gifts has suspended these for the time being.
- Dry Cleaning & Valet Laundry – Will not be available during the initial reopening. However, you can still use the self-service laundry.
- Pools – Feature pools may have reduced hours and will operate with reduced capacity for physical distancing. Poolside activities may be limited. Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resort WILL NOT be open but guests can use the leisure pool at both Beach Club and at the neighbouring Boardwalk Inn.
- Fitness Centers & Courts – Fitness Centers will reopen but with reduced hours and capacity. Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available. Sports Courts will be open but guests must maintain physical distancing.
Other Services That Will NOT Be Opening
Here is a list of resort services that WILL NOT be available during the initial reopening period:
- Character experiences
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Fireworks voyages
- Fun runs
- Hula Lessons
- In-Room childcare services
- Marina rentals
- Mermaid School
- Pin trading
- Spas, salons (including Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique)
- Special classes and programs (culinary, cultural and animal)
- Wonderland Tea Party at 1900 Park Fare
- Before Your Arrival – Your rooms will undergo a thorough cleaning with special attention to high-touch areas like TV remotes and door handles. Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms and floors will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between guests.
- During Your Stay – Your room will receive a light cleaning ever other day which includes removal of trash and towels, replenishment of new towels, cleaning of vanity and counter surfaces and vacuuming if required. Guests also have the option of declining housekeeping.
- In Your Room – You’ll find individually wrapped glassware, double-cased pillows and additional items cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging.
- DVC Members – You’ll receive a housekeeping service on the 4th and 8th days unless you opt-out.
Resort guests will still be able to pick up your favorite Disney items during your stay. However, there have been some modifications you’ll want to be aware of:
- New Production Launches – Will be suspended until further notice. However, these items will still be available at shopDisney.
- Pin Trading – Pin Boards for trading will still be available in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will be suspended until further notice.
- Merchandise Delivery – Package delivery to the front of parks or to the resorts will be suspended. Guests can still have merchandise shipped to your homes.
- Dressing Rooms- Will not be available.
- Returns- In-person returns will be available upon reopening.
Will I Still Get Resort Guest Benefits When The Theme Parks Reopen?
As we previously mentioned here at MickeyBlog, Walt Disney World theme parks will start a phased reopening beginning on July 11th. At that time Magic Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom will reopen. Four days later on July 15th, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios will reopen.
Because of the phased reopening, limited attendance, the following resort guest benefits are being temporarily suspended:
- FastPass+ Service – FastPass+ service will be suspended for the time being as Disney plans to use additional queue space to manage capacity for attractions and maintain physical distancing. With that in mind, access to FastPass+ planning is temporarily unavailable.
- Extra Magic Hours – The Extra Magic Hours benefit is unavailable until further notice.
- Dining Plans – Dining Plans for 2020 are currently being cancelled as Disney updates capacities at its restaurants to ensure physical distancing.
- Dining Reservations- Any dining reservations currently in the system are being cancelled as Disney World adjusts restaurant capacities. Guests will be given the opportunity to rebook dining reservations nearer your travel dates.
What If I Want To Cancel or Move My Plans To a Later Date?
You have the option. Changes can be made up to 30 days before your travel dates without penalty. Simply reach out to Disney or your Travel Agent to discuss your options. Disney has also announced that any Disney-imposed modifications between now and October 3rd will automatically have cancellation and change fees waived.
We here at MickeyBlog realize that this is ALOT to take in. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out. We are always here to help. Also, be sure to keep following along for further updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook