Stir Up Some Breakfast Magic With This Sticky Bun Recipe From Garden Grill
Since it’s going to be a while since our (and probably your) next visit to Walt Disney World, we thought we’d bring the parks to you by sharing the awesome recipe for one of our favourite Garden Grill treats – the exquisite Sticky Bun Bake.
This signature treat is ooey-gooey and oh so delightful. Follow the steps below for the ultimate indulgence.
Recipe: Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake
Chip’s Sticky Bun Bake from Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
Yield 6 – 8 servings
- 1 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
Sweet Cinnamon Dough
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 ounce cake (fresh) yeast, crumbled (approximately 3 tablespoons loosely packed)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cinnamon smear:
- Cream together margarine, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after adding each egg. Mix well and place in the refrigerator.
For sweet cinnamon dough:
- Heat milk in a small saucepan to 90 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from heat and add cake (fresh) yeast. Whisk until dissolved, set aside.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, eggs and flour in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture slowly, stirring until dough comes easily away from sides of the bowl.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a large bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rest 10 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Coat bottom and sides of 12-inch cake pan or 9 x 13-inch pan with butter.
- Punch down dough, knead it a few times, roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle.
- Spread cinnamon smear over dough. Roll up dough beginning at the 15-inch side and pinch edge together to seal.
- Cut into 1-inch slices, quarter each slice, place pieces close together in a pan.
- Cover, let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix milk, confectioners’ sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over the warm bun.
Don’t miss your chance to check out a delightful character dining meal during your next visit to Walt Disney World. Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Walt Disney World news, updates and maybe a few other yummy treats!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply reach out to MickeyTravels today to get your FREE, no-obligation quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com follow along on Facebook