Celebrate The Reopening of Ghirardelli at Disney Springs With This Dipped Pretzel Rod Recipe
If you’ve been following along with MickeyBlog today then you know that we posted a list of all of the awesome businesses that have re-opened at Disney Springs! Among the incredible shops and eateries that have opened their doors once again is one of my personal favourites – Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Coffee Shop located just next to World of Disney.
Ghirardelli is the perfect spot to stock up on souvenirs, try out some incredible chocolate samples or treat yourself to a decadent ice cream treat. But if you won’t be making it to Disney World’s downtown shopping district in the days or weeks ahead we thought we’d bring the shop to you with this awesome recipe featured on Ghirardelli’s Facebook page:
DIPPED PRETZEL RODS
Servings: 1 bag of pretzels
- 12 oz bag pretzel rods
- 12 oz Ghirardelli Dark or White Melting Wafers
- Small bag of chopped assorted nuts, optional
- Place Ghirardelli Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container and microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (product keeps its original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave in 15-second intervals and stir until smooth. Overheating can cause wafers to burn.
- Dip half of the pretzel into melted wafers.
- If using nuts, roll pretzel in nuts while still warm.
- Place coated pretzels on waxed paper.
- Cool in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes, or until hard.
Note: You can substitute Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers with Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips and Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers with Ghirardelli Classic White Chips by adding 1.5 tbsp of vegetable shortening per 12 ounces of chips and then following the instructions above.
If you can’t get to the Ghirardelli Shop at Disney Springs to stock up on Melting Wafers you can get them online here.
Love recipes like the one above? Then keep following along with MickeyBlog where we’ll continue to share awesome ways that you can add a bit of Disney magic to your days at home!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook