Celebrate Hamburger Day With The Hawaiian Cheese Burger from Tangaroa Terrace
We thought what better way to celebrate Hamburger Day than by sharing with you one of our favorite burger recipe right from Disneyland Resort. You may not be able to hang out on Tangaroa Terrace just now but you can conjure up the tastes with the popular Hawaiian Cheese Burger recipe complete with Green Papaya Slaw!
• 2 cups pineapple juice
• 4 tablespoons mango juice
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet Asian wine)
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
• 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon sriracha (Asian chili sauce)
• 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
GREEN PAPAYA SLAW:
• 3/4 pound green papaya, peeled and shredded
• 1/2 pound jicama, peeled and shredded
• 2 celery stalks, sliced diagonally into 1/4-by-1
1/2-inch long pieces
• 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/8-inch strips
• 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
• Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper,
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon cold water
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 12 pieces of bacon
• 6 fresh pineapple rings
• Coarse salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 pounds lean ground beef, shaped into
6 equal patties
• 6 whole-grain hamburger buns, lightly toasted
• 6 slices havarti cheese
• 6 pieces iceberg lettuce
• 6 slices ripe tomato
FOR SLAW DRESSING:
- Place pineapple juice in a small sauté pan over medium heat. Simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Combine pineapple juice reduction, mango juice,oil, lime juice, mirin, vinegar, honey, mustard powder, fish sauce, sesame oil, salt, onion powder, pepper, sriracha, and ground ginger in a blender.
- Puree until smooth
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
FOR GREEN PAPAYA SLAW:
- Combine shredded papaya, shredded jicama, celery, bell pepper and cilantro in a large bowl;
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with dressing 30 minutes before serving.
FOR TERIYAKI SAUCE:
- Combine brown sugar and soy sauce in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl stirring until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soy sauce mixture; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
1. Cook bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat
until crisp. Place on a plate lined with paper
towels; set aside.
2. Season pineapple on both sides with salt and
pepper. Sear pineapple in a grill pan or sauté
pan over medium heat, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Season both sides of beef patties with salt
and pepper. Cook in a grill pan or sauté pan
over medium-high heat, until cooked through.
Just before burgers are done, place a piece of
cheese on top of each patty allow to melt. Add
pineapple and bacon on top of cheese.
4. Place lettuce on the bottom halves of buns and
top each with a slice of tomato. Lightly season
with salt and pepper. Place cheeseburger on top
of tomato. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce and top
with top half of bun. Serve with green papaya
We hope you enjoy this taste of Disneyland Resort and the Hawaiian Islands with the delicious burger. If you like to have a print out hand you can add a fun printout of the recipe here – Hawaiian Cheeseburger With Green Papaya Slaw
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest ways to conjure up a bit of Disney magic right from home!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. I’ll even scout to make sure you’re getting the best discounts (even after you’ve booked!) Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook