Walt Disney World’s Reopening Date Has Been Announced
Today, Disney submitted its reopening plans to the Orange County Task Force which includes a variety of safety, health, and cleaning procedures for guests and employees.
Walt Disney World’s Reopening
Based on Walt Disney World’s Reopening plans the parks will be reopened in phases. Here’s the way that will look:
- July 11, 2020: Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen to the public.
- July 15, 2020: Epcot and Hollywood Studios will reopen.
While things may be a little different from your last visit, we are confident that the parks will still be full of magic for everyone.
New Safety Measures:
To ensure guest safety, the following policies will be put into place when Walt Disney World Reopens:
- Face Masks will be required for all guests visiting Walt Disney World.
- Hand washing and sanitation stations will be located throughout the parks.
- Plexiglass will be put up at shops and food and beverage locations where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Reduced capacity at theme parks, buses, shops, monorails and restaurants.
- Parades, fireworks and other events that draw a crowd will be suspended.
- Temperature checks at main entrances to the theme parks.
- Parks will have social distancing squad to make sure the new requirements are followed at the theme parks.
Walt Disney World Resort in Florida closed its parks on March 16th and closed hotels on March 20th in response to COVID-19. This is the longest closure the resort has seen since it’s opening.
On Wednesday, May 20th, Disney Springs began a phased reopening which encourages mask-wearing and social distancing. We expect to see similar practices at the parks and hotels upon reopening.
In an effort to keep things magical and guests “on board” with these changes, Disney has designed their own set of face masks for purchase. While these sold out quickly, we are sure there will be more to come!
So what are you waiting for? Contact your Travel Agent and pack your bag – the magic is waiting!
Are you ready to plan your escape? Whether it’s a family vacation, couples retreat, or a friends’ getaway there’s no better time to start planning! Get in touch with one of our MickeyTravels Agents for the best planning advice and deals and a full range of complimentary planning services for all Disney Destinations (Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, Adventures by Disney). Let’s make your Disney dreams come true!