Know Before You Go: Disney Stores’ COVID-19 Safety Measures
Disney Stores nationwide are re-opening with retail shopping centers as states begin lessening the closures and stay-at-home orders for COVID-19. The shopping experience will look a little different, but Disney is taking every precaution necessary to keep retail shoppers safe.
The Disney Store’s website contains the following message for shoppers:
Know BeforeYou Go
Disney store is taking a responsible and phased approach to reopening and implementing a number of new health and safety measures based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
While your next shopping experience may look and feel a bit different, rest assured that every re-opened Disney store location will offer outstanding Guest Service and the very best products featuring all your favorite pals.
Your continued passion for our characters and stories means the world to the entire Disney store and shopDisney team, and we are looking forward to sharing the magic with you again, very soon.
Important Health and Safety Measures
These include, wearing a mask, maintaining 6 ft of social distancing, covering your face when you cough or sneeze, frequent cleanings, restricted capacity, contactless payment, reduced hours and some merchandise may not be available in stores.
Disney Store FAQS
What are Disney stores doing in response to COVID-19?
In accordance with guidance from health authorities, we’re implementing the following health and safety measures:
- Implementing a phased reopening approach to determine when it is appropriate to reopen each Disney store location
- Reducing store hours and Disney store capacities to help facilitate physical distancing
- Relocating fixtures, furniture and products to make navigating the store easier
- Implementing a requirement that face coverings be worn by Guests ages 3 and up and Cast Members while in the Disney store
- Ensuring easy access to hand sanitizers for Guests and Cast Members
- Temporarily pausing Opening Ceremony and in-store events
- Enhancing our cleaning procedures throughout the day
- Deploying new training and health screening protocols for Cast Members (shopdisney.com)
A Store Locator is also available at the Shop Disney website with the latest information about specific stores and their hours of operation. Disney stores are not all open and each is carefully monitoring the situation in each individual store. Cast members will also be required to complete a health screening checklist at home and a temperature check.
Rest assured that even though the shopping experience might not be exactly the same, Disney is taking into account the safety of their Cast Members and retail shoppers. Continue to check the ShopDisney website for any changes to their retail shopping policy.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.com
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’m here to help you with everything you need to make your Disney Vacation Magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Renee@MickeyTravels.com or follow along on Facebook