RECIPE: Serve Up Your Own Delicious Totchos From Woody’s Lunch Box
Howdy Partners! If you’ll remember, last month I brought you a deliciously ooey gooey grilled three-cheese sandwich recipe from Woody’s Lunch Box. Today we are revisiting Andy’s backyard inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios for another crowd pleasing favorite. This time I’m bringing you the super popular Totchos recipe from Woody’s Lunch Box!
If anyone has had them in the park before, they are potato barrels coated with beef and bean chili, gooey queso sauce, and crunchy corn chips finished with sour cream and a sprinkle of green onions. I highly recommend making up a batch and kicking off a “Toy Story” Marathon on Disney+.
Totchos Recipe from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Chili with Beans
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Ground cayenne, to taste
- 2 cups jar cheese sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 (2 pound) bag frozen potato barrels
- 1 1/2 cups corn chips
- Chili with Beans
- Queso Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
For Chili with Beans:
- Brown ground beef in a 5-6 quart Dutch oven over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain off excess grease.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, and cumin. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt.
- Add black pepper and cayenne, as needed.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
For Queso Sauce:
- Place cheese sauce and diced tomatoes with chilies in small saucepan. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, until warm.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cook potato barrels according to package instructions.
- Divide potato barrels into 6 bowls. Place 1/4 cup each of corn chips, chili with beans, and queso sauce on top of each bowl of potato barrels.
- Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon green onions.
Note: This Totchos recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Prefer to have a paper copy? Click here for a printable version of this recipe!
Check out the video below from Ava, a 13-year-old junior chef and daughter of Disney photographer Matt Stroshane. She made this recipe in her home kitchen with the help of her personal sous chefs (mom and dad) and official taste tester (her 11-year-old brother, Adam).
Source Credit: Disney
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020 AND 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!