Cooking Up the Magic — Creating an Over-the-Top Kitchen Sink Sundae at Home
Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have fallen while serving our country. Many, on this day, like to spend time with friends and family. Disney Parks Blog is sharing a special #DisneyMagicMoments treat – the original recipe the ever so popular Kitchen Sink sundae and how to make it at home with a patriotic spin! Your loved ones will be impressed with this dish at the cookout!
The Kitchen Sink sundae from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts is a Disney classic. If you’ve never tackled it before, be warned, this over-the-top indulgence includes everything and the kitchen sink – enough for your entire family to share!
Along with the original Kitchen Sink recipe (and yes, it requires an entire can of dairy whipped topping!), Disney has created a “how-to” video for the patriotic Kitchen Sink to make at home. Simply substitute (or pile on!) your favorite red, white, and blue fruits and sweet toppings to this most-popular dessert. Then have everyone grab a spoon and enjoy!
Kitchen Sink from Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup warm fudge topping
- 1/2 cup warm butterscotch topping
- 1/2 cup warm peanut butter topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 1/4-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 1/2-inch), quartered
- 2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 generous scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 generous scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 generous scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 generous scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup strawberry topping
- 1/4 cup pineapple topping
- 14-ounce can dairy whipped topping
- 1 large brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon crushed chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices, about 2 large slices
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries
- Pour hot fudge, butterscotch, and peanut butter toppings into bottom of large bowl.
- Layer banana slices and cupcake pieces over toppings. Top with all ice creams.
- As quickly as possible, spoon chocolate syrup, marshmallow cream, strawberry, and pineapple toppings over ice cream.
- Cover completely with dairy whipped topping. Tuck brownie pieces, candy bar pieces, and cookies in whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds, dark and white chocolate shavings, crushed cookies, jellied orange slices, milk chocolate chip morsels, peanut butter morsels, chocolate sprinkles, and rainbow sprinkles. Top with cherries.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Click here for a print-at-home version of this recipe!
Check out a couple of other recipes straight from the parks!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake from 50’s Prime Time Cafe
White Chocolate Budino from Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas
Thinking about a Disney getaway? There are fantastic 2020 bargains to be had and 2021 packages will be available in just a few short months! Fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.
Source: Disney Parks Blog