BREAKING NEWS: Universal Orlando Approved For Public Opening Date Of June 5
I have exciting news to share! This afternoon Universal Orlando presented their re-opening plans to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. They received an unanimous approval for a Universal Orlando opening date of June 5th for the general public. Although this is not official Disney news it still is a fantastic sign of things to come for all Orlando theme parks.
John Sprouls, Chief Executive Officer, Universal Orlando Resort, stated that there would be a “soft opening” for Universal Orlando team members from June 1-2. Then on June 3-4 select invited guests and Annual Passholders would have access to the parks. All guest and team members will be required to wear face coverings.
Universal Orlando Opening Date And Preventative Measures
I have listed below a few of the other Preventative Measures that Universal will be putting in place. This could be a good indication of what to expect when Walt Disney World opens too.
Transportation, Parking, Valet
- Guest temperature checks at parking or main entrance (forehead non-contact)
- Guests found with 100.4 degree temperature or higher will be requested to see a doctor and not visit the theme park that day
- Provide one free disposable face covering to guests who did not bring one
- Automated spiels at entry locations in multiple languages on preventative measures
- Guests are required to wear face coverings
- Valet operations are closed
- Park guest vehicles 1-2 spaces apart in garages
Security, City Walk and Front Entry
- Audio message on walkway reminding guests to follow all new safety protocols
- Eliminate brochure racks for maps, team member to hand out individually, drive utilization to mobile app
- Distancing and spacing for queuing at turnstiles; reduced turnstile count
- Every other locker bank to be disabled and guests will be pulsed into locker area by a team member
Attractions and Entertainment
- Close interactive play areas
- Hand out 3D glasses individually
- Reduce or eliminate water/mist elements
- Implement Virtual Line at highly attended attractions
- Space travel parties as appropriate
- Eliminate single-rider line
- Eliminate post show meet & greets; performer remain on stage for pictures
- No parades to run; individual float interactions to have performers remain on floats
Dining and Merchandise
- Face coverings will be offered for sale
- Menus to be converted to single use
- Individual package condiments; pre-wrapped silverware
- No buffet or self serve options in restaurants
- Utilize Mobile Food Ordering to enable direct to table seating and food delivery
- Contactless payments offered with Apple Pay and Google Wallet and mobile wallet in APP
- Self-temperature checks at home and upon arrival to work; Team Members with 100.4 degree temperature or more/flu-like symptoms will be sent home
- If Team Member has temp, will not return to work for 72 hours
- Team Members 65+ over encouraged to stay home
- All Team Members will be required to wear face coverings
- Temperature check and health professionals will wear gloves in addition to any position who wore gloves prior to COVID-19
- Desk spacing and continued work from home options
- Staggered parking in parking garages
- Encouragement to avoid crowds during time off without proper distancing
- The CDC has stated that well-maintained pools using chlorine and bromine are known to inactivate the virus COVID-19; Ride vehicles, rafts and life vest cleaning will be placed in water for additional cleaning as needed
- Number of tubes in lazy river and life vests in action river will be reduced
- Reduce the number of guests per raft slide to party size only (no grouping of unfamiliar parties)
- Lounge chairs placed in clusters to support travel party seating and separate 6-feet apart.
What do you think of the Universal Orlando opening date and the proposed preventative measures? Let me know in the comments below!
Source Credit: Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020 AND 2021! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!