Official Protocols for Visiting Disney Springs Released, Three Disney-Owned Stores Will Reopen This Month
Disney Springs is scheduled to begin it’s phased reopening Wednesday, May 20. There has been much speculation over what new health protocols will be in place to keep Guests and Cast Members both safe and healthy. Today, Disney has released an official statement on what changes we will all see.
This is the official statement from Disney about Disney Springs reopening:
Based on applicable government requirements, as well as guidance from health authorities such as the CDC and appropriate government agencies, we are implementing a number of new health and safety measures and operational changes. Rest assured, there is plenty of magic awaiting you at Disney Springs – it just may feel a bit different than before. Here is what you need to know prior to your arrival:
- Parking and Entrances: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Orange and Lime Garages. All surface lots will be closed. We will also reduce the number of entrances for Disney Springs to four locations: Orange and Lime Garages, along with the Hotel Plaza Boulevard pedestrian bridge and ride share location.
- Appropriate Face Coverings: All guests 3 years of age and older, along with cast members and third-party operating-participant employees, will be required to wear an appropriate face covering while visiting Disney Springs. This is an important part of protecting both our guests and our cast. Please be sure you have an ample amount of face coverings for yourself and your party before you arrive, as you’ll need to wear them over your nose and mouth at all times (except when sitting at a dining table).
- Temperature Screenings: Once you arrive at Disney Springs, you and your party will be required to undergo temperature screenings. Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance; those who again measure 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party. I encourage you to check temperatures of yourself and your party prior to leaving home, as an extra layer of precaution.
- Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures: To maintain appropriate physical distancing throughout Disney Springs during this initial phase, we will limit the number of guests visiting the property, as well as within each location. In addition, ground markings will help promote proper distancing when queuing is necessary. We will also add physical barriers in select places where it’s difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Cleanliness: We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection procedures in high-traffic areas such as elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. We will also have hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer available, and encourage you to use these frequently.
- Cashless Transactions: We’re recommending you use cashless payment options whenever possible during your visit to Disney Springs, including debit cards, credit cards, Disney gift cards, etc. You can also opt for contactless payment options or use cash to purchase a Disney gift card at the Welcome Center and select merchandise locations.
Everything we’re doing during this unprecedented time is in service of our guests, our cast members and our third-party operating participants, who will also be following these new guidelines in their locations. We are constantly monitoring conditions and best practices, and we continue to learn every day from health and government authorities. As a result, our operational changes and safety measures may change from time to time as circumstances evolve. We want to deliver all the Disney magic you know and love with safety, as always, our top priority.
I understand this is a great deal of change to absorb, and I speak for all of us at Walt Disney World in thanking you for your cooperation and patience during this initial phase. Today’s world is different, and it’s going to require a shared responsibility, with everyone doing their part.
Cast Members are already working on training and becoming familiar with these new protocols. Cast Members will be on hand at Disney Springs just to answer any questions you may have and to make sure everyone is following these protocols and guidelines.
When Disney Springs reopens on May 20, restaurants and retail locations not owned by Disney will reopen at this time following the protocols and guidelines above. It will not be until May 27, when three Disney-owned retail stores and restaurants reopen. These will be:
- World of Disney
- D-Luxe Burger *mobile order only
- Marketplace Co-Op
Even with the new protocols and guidelines, I know I am getting excited for my next trip to Disney Springs! What do you think about these new procedures? Let us know in the comments below.
Has cabin fever set in and you’re ready to start planning your Disney vacation? Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me by May 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog