RECIPE: Disneyland’s Magical Mac and Cheese Cones
One of the experiences we enjoy most about visiting Disneyland is taking a trip over to Cars Land to and heading to the Crazy Cone Motel for a Mac and Cheese Cone. This tasty treat is sure to have you saying Ka-Chow! and now you don’t even have to head to Anaheim to enjoy it!
Thanks to a new recipe by the team over at PopSugar you can whip up this iconic theme park treat right at home. This snack has it all: warm macaroni noodles, ooey gooey cheese and delicious bread cones bursting with flavor. Best of all you can top it off with bacon bits for a bit of extra crunch or some Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
You can check out the “How-To” video from PopSugar just below followed by the recipe:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 Manila folders
- Tape or staples
- 6 10-inch log foil sheets.
For Pizza Cones:
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tube of thin-crust pizza dough.
For Mac and Cheese:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1’/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- 6 strips of bacon cooked until crispy and crumbled.
To Make the Cones:
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Take a Manila folder and roll it into a tight cone. Secure the end with tape or a staple. (Don’t worry, it will be covered with foil and protected.)
- Wrap the cone tightly with foil making sure all the paper is covered.
- Lightly grease the outside of the cone with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Cut 12 1 inch strips.
- Starting at the tip of the cone, wrap one strip around the bottom and continue working your way around the cone. May sure to spiral as you go. All dough should touch the row below.
- Continue the process to make 6 cones.
- Place cones on a greased baking sheet and bake the cones for 10 minutes.
- Flip the cones halfway and cook until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the cones and let cool slightly.
- Twist the cone to remove it from the dough.
To Make Mac ‘n’ Cheese:
- Heat water in a stock pot and generously salt.
- Once water boils add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Over a medium heat over medium heat melt butter and add flour. Cook fixture stirring occasionally until the flour is toasted.
- Add milk, whisk vigorously to remove lumps.
- Add cheese, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add pasta to mixture a stir to combine.
- Let mac ‘n’ cheese sit for 10 minutes.
- Fill each come with mac ‘n’ cheese and garnish with a scoop of crumbled bacon.
We hope you enjoy whipping up this fun treat. We can’t think of a better way to enjoy it than by checking out Lightning McQueen and the rest of the gang by watching the Cars films on Disney+
Disney Theme Parks May Be Currently Closed But Did You Know You Can Plan A Disney Getaway Through Until the End of 2020? Don’t let Coronavirus put a damper on your Disney plans. Reach out today to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook