PopSugar Recreates Disneyland’s Mint Julep..With a Twist
Over at the Mint Julep bar in New Orleans Square at Disneyland, guests can enjoy a little bit of Southern charm. The iconic mint julep has been the official drink of the Kentucky Derby for decades and Disneyland has created their own version of the lemon/lime flavored beverage.
There are many Mint Julep recipes available, but PopSugar has recently created their own Disneyland mint julep…with an alcoholic twist. The traditional Disney julep does not contain alcohol. But, summertime is calling and this refreshing addition is welcome.
Here is the copycat Mint Julep recipe: (popsugar)
Mint Julep Ingredients
- Mint Julep
3 cups sugar
8 cups water
1 cup creme de menthe syrup
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1/3 cup frozen limeade concentrate
A few drops of green food coloring (optional)
- Add sugar and water to a large saucepan. Bring the mix to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then pour mixture into a large pitcher.
- Add the creme de menthe syrup and frozen lemonade and limeade concentrates. Add a little green food coloring, and stir to mix.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Pour over a glass with some ice, and garnish with lemon wedges, mint sprigs, and cherries. Add in a shot of bourbon to each glass.
- Yield: 10 cups
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time:10 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes, 59 seconds
So, whether you prefer the original or the twisted version anyone can enjoy this Disneyland southern classic at home. Or, you can visit Disneyland and have one at the Mint Julep Bar.
Description: While away a warm afternoon with a non-alcoholic mint julep in New Orleans Square. Fresh Mickey beignets and soft drinks are also served at this walk-up window within the garden patio of the French Market Restaurant.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.com
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’m here to help you with everything you need to make your Disney Vacation Magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Renee@MickeyTravels.com or follow along on Facebook