Tomorrow’s Disney Family Singalong Reunites Cast of Live-Action “The Lion King”
Don’t forget Disney friends! Tomorrow, as a special treat for Mother’s Day, the Disney Family Singalong will be returning to ABC for another evening jam-packed with stunning performances from some of today’s biggest stars.
To put us in the mood, Disney has given us a taste of one of the awesome acts we can expect which just happens to be a reunion of the cast for Disney’s live-action “The Lion King.” Here are Billy Eichner, Seth Rogan, Walter Russell III (who played Simba in the Broadway musical) and Donald Glover singing “Hakuna Matata.”
The special will kick off on ABC at 7:00 am EST and promises to be another Who’s Who of Disney. Here’s a look at the musical numbers that are sure to dazzle:
- “A Whole New World” – Idina Menzel and Ben Platt
- “Almost There” – Chloe x Halle and Anika Noni Rose
- “Baby Mine” – Katy Perry
- “Beauty and the Beast” – John Legend and Jennifer Hudson
- “Hakuna Matata” – Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner feat. Donald Glover and Walter Russell III
- “Part of Your World” – Halsey
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” – Rebel Wilson
- “Remember Me” – Miguel feat. Christina Aguilera
- “Step in Time” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” – Derek Hough, Julianne Hough and Hayley Erbert
- “Try Everything” – Shakira
- “When I Am Older” – Josh Gad
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” – Disney on Broadway stars Merle Dandridge, Heather Headley, Adam Jacobs, Caissie Levy, Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey and Josh Strickland
- “Your Mother and Mine” – Sabrina Carpenter feat. Lang Lang
- “Zero to Hero” – Keke Palmer feat. “Dancing with the Stars” Pros Lindsay Arnold, Alan Bersten, Witney Carson, Val Chmerkovskiy, Jenna Johnson, Sasha Farber and Emma Slater
As an extra special treat, we also heard that “The Muppets” will be performing the show’s opening number. Check out Disney’s official announcement about the Singalong here:
— ABC (@ABCNetwork) May 9, 2020
We know what we’ll be doing tomorrow night! So set those DVR’s, make mom a special evening treat (don’t forget it’s Mother’s Day) and warm up those vocal cords for a night of singing our hearts out Disney-style!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Walt Disney World news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook