Start Your Morning Off Right With Disney’s Famous Tonga Toast Recipe
No matter how many times my family pays a visit to Walt Disney World,it isn’t complete until we’ve popped over to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort for breakfast!
Whether you enjoy starting the morning off right with a character breakfast with Mickey, Lilo and Stitch or the serene setting of the Kona Cafe, one thing is for certain – Tonga Toast should be your “must-order” item!
This delicious morning treat has become as legendary as the resort itself and has been on the menu since 1971! And now you can capture a bit of that magic at home as Disney just posted the official Tonga Toast recipe!
Check it out:
Tonga Toast from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 quart canola oil, for frying
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (uncut, 12 inches long)
- 2 large bananas, peeled
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl (large enough to roll toast) with a fork until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
Whip eggs in a medium bowl (large enough to dip toast) until well beaten. Add milk, cinnamon, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
For Tonga Toast:
- Using caution, preheat oil to 350°F in a large pot or a deep fryer. (If using a large pot, use a candy thermometer to make certain the oil does not get any hotter or it will burn.)
- Slice the bread into four three-inch-thick slices.
- Cut each banana in half crosswise, then each piece lengthwise.
- Place a bread slice flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half a banana into; repeat with each bread slice.
- Dip stuffed bread into batter, covering both sides, allowing excess batter to drip off bread and place carefully into hot oil.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown. If needed, turn toast over after 2 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes on other side. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Roll toast in cinnamon-sugar. Repeat for each piece of toast.
If you prefer a print out of the recipe we have a handy-dandy download for you. You’ll find it here: TongaToast Recipe
And for those, like me, who need to see it all visually laid out, here’s an awesome video!
Now the only thing that’s missing is a little mood-music! – Here you go:
Want to try out this delectable treat for yourself in person at one of the Polynesian Resort’s amazing eateries? Then start planning your Walt Disney World getaway today! Getting started is easy. Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook